1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A look to next season?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Scowey, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Mick has announced who will be playing tomorrow. Starts for Emmanuel, Bishop and a league debut for Kenlock.

Clearly Bish coming back was likely to walk into the 1st team when fit enough (based on the other options) but promising to see two of our own academy products being given a run out in preparation for next season. It does beg the question of whether Mick sees Emmanuel as being a genuine option at full back next year? Hopefully so. Add in the possibility of Digby playing again and McDonnel being used from the bench, we could be given a glimpse as to how we will line up next season.

Also, in other news. Polish Pete and Yorwerth have been told they can leave. No great surprises but thought Yorwerth looked decent when played.. But he is further down the pecking order and Mick obviously feels he doesn't need another centre back taking up a place in the squad.

2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

The revolving door of players who were never going to be good enough continues(sorry if I sound increasingly bitter but you do have to wonder if there is any coordinated long term plan?)

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM likes this.
  3. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

It certainly is encouraging to see those lads get a run out, hopefully McDonnell and Dozzell can join them on the field too. I'm not sure if they're necessarily the future of the club, considering some of them were given chances in the cup competitions, but failed to get themselves noticed. Minutes on the pitch are what those young players need, so it's encouraging McCarthy is actually prepared to give them a go in recent games, considering we're not fighting for anything but pride and a high a league position as possible.

I am not surprised to see Malarczyk and Yorwerth depart, although I had hopes that the latter would become a useful squad player in the future. Hopefully it offers an early indication that Mick and Evans are prepared to invest and bring in a new right-back, shifting Chambers in the middle to bolster our options there. But who knows? As Al mentioned, we don't appear to have a transfer strategy, beyond snapping up players for nothing and hoping they come good.

Maybe Emmanuel can show us some indication of the potential he has and throw his name in the hat for the right-back slot next season? However, citing the Portsmouth replay and that opportunity he had against Brighton at the start of the campaign, I'm not sure if he currently has the ability to play regularly and consistently at this level. Two games doesn't make a player though, so I'll pay particular attention to Emmanuel tomorrow and hope the lad does well.

4. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Hi guys looks like we will have the Old farm next season .
    God we are so **** you will probably stand a chance of doing us.
    <laugh>