1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

9/11 What are your thoughts ?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Norway-jack, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Sorry to post non football but from time to time its worth discussing something different when there is no football. First of all I have to say RIP for all those people that perished in the twin towers and surrounding buildings.

Everybody remember where they were when the news came in that day that somebody had flown planes into the towers and pentagon buildings, it was probably one of the most significant points in modern History, those attacks seemed to trigger a change in world policy and it was a chance to change and restrict peoples civil liberties based on "freedom " since that time IMO world power has pursued an agenda that has nothing to do with freedom and everything to do with Greed,profit and big business.

How can a building that big made from steel and concrete perfectly fall "due to fire" after about 20 mins ? ever seen what happened to a similar building that caught fire in Madrid ? well, it burnt for about 3 days and was still standing after it burnt out! the world trade centre is the only building of that type ever to collapse because of fire.

My heart breaks for all those innocent people who have lost their lives in 9/11 and subsequent apparent terrorist attacks elsewhere, something doesn't quite add up for me though, I have always feared that innocent people are being killed to serve the power of a few people that are dictating world policy.

I remember reading this poster once.

What government does.

Uses force and indimidation to coerce people to comply with their demands.

Definition of Terrorism.

The use of violence and indimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Was there a lot more to 9/11 that meets the eye ?

Or was it a tragic act of terrorism that changed the world and peoples civil liberties as a bi product ?

What are your thoughts?

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

It was a terrorist attack pure and simple...The people that say its something sinister are nothing more than odd balls. It was a well planned operation that must never happen again...

3. KDA

KDA New Member

9/11 - Terrorist attack = NO
    9/11 - American Government = YES

Moon landings = FALSE (Area 51)

That is all!!

4. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Hmmm .... methinks a whole new can of worms is about to be opened here, especially when Aber turns up and blames the West.

Much play has been made in the media and particularly on the Internet about conspiracy theories. I've read books on the subject - most of which came from a neutral perspective - and the more objectve authors say there is simply no evidence of any conspiracy theory and I tend to go along with that.

Motive: To hurt the West, and in particular the U.S in spectacular fashion. The basis of such hatred is of course based in religion. Strict adherents to the Muslim faith don't 'misinterperet' the Qu'ran as politicians would have you believe. They follow it exactly, and that includes bringing death to all non believers. Read the Suras in their holy book. It's all there. But maybe that's a different debate. Al Qaeda feed on that hatred to perpetuate a Jihad against the West, citing instances of 'Infidel' troops being on Muslim territory. They love the West doing this as it swells their numbers, and is one of the reasons I'm sceptical about these recent chemical atttacks in Syria. Al Qaeda has been degraded since 9/11 but some very clever, yet fanatical people still pull the strings.

Planning: Bin Laden had some involvement but not as much as some think. It wasn't his brainchild, but it took meticulous planning and he was good at that. Took years to plan but in truth didn't go beyond hijacking and crashing some planes into important buildings. A big attack, yes, but not as spectacular as it turned out. Why?

They got lucky: Two reasons. The American Security Services were caught napping and were totally unprepared. They ignored material that they shouldn't have and were generally incompetent. It's this that has led to the conspiracy theories. If they were analysing the data correctly those guys would have been arrested months before, if not sooner, and we wouldn't have even known about it I suspect. Nobody could predict the towers would fall. The design meant that the steel girders supporting the structure melted. Normally this wouldn't have happened but the material protecting the girders from fire had either become ineffective over time or had been removed. Not many people knew this, and certainly not the terrorists. Al Qaeda were as surprised as anyone the towers fell but would never admit it.

I visited the towers twice and they were very impressive. I still miss seeing them when I see video or pictures of NYC.... not to mention the human cost of their disappearance. <cry>

I'm sure many will think that the terrorists were only responding to American imperialism and I understand that but after doing a lot of reading on the subject I don't buy it. It's a convenient excuse for religious nut-jobs to kill people who don'tt believe what they do, end of. Mark my words, as bad as Syria is right now we mustn't lose sight of the fact that even though Assad is a brutal dictator it is Al Qaeda that back over 80% of the opposition. If the U.S helps those opposition groups I think Bin Laden will be looking down (up?) and pissing himself laughing. Oh the irony! <doh>

5. KDA

KDA New Member

Forgot to say

Bin Laden dead hmmm strange one that how they 'buried' him at sea after his capture, me thinks there's more to meet they eye on that

6. swanseaandproud

yes i have been in the twin towers. it made me giddy just looking up at it. It was a well thought out terrorist attack and nothing else....<ok>

7. swanseaandproud

Don't be so daft, they buried him at sea to stop his grave being a shrine to these idiots. its as pure and as simple as that...

8. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

My thoughts are that our media spends more time mourning the American tragedy of 9/11 than they do the British tragedy of 7/7. Yesterday our TV channels had already started dedicating over 12 hours on single channels to 9/11... I struggled to find anything about the attack inside our own borders back in July.

I feel as though America has cash, the UK is a subjected whore with a widening ass and the UK media is who's pimping us out.

9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Everything can be explained and disproved .it depends on your political leanings I suppose. Regardless on who caused it , an awful lot of innocent people died that day (or did they ? as some would believe)

10. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

We as a nation have been used to atrocities caused by terrorists ,going back to include the FWA of the sixties .It doesn't lessen the impact but perhaps could go some way in understanding why we don't dwell on it.

11. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

I could agree with you if we didn't show so much about 9/11 every single year, it just seems the media see 9/11 as more worthy of their airtime and more important to the British people. We should by default dedicate more time to 7/7 to remind those so young at the time that it has and it can happen again even in our own backyard.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of comprehensive school kids are not aware of 7/7, but they will have had 9/11 rammed down their throat.

12. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Whether you believe in the conspiracy theories or you sit on the same side of the fence as Dai, this is most certainly interesting and worth a watch. Does make you think.

[video=youtube;bFGhMBUORx8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFGhMBUORx8[/video]

13. Norway-jack

Intreresting views. I believe that American intelligence knew it was going to happen but it served a purpose for them and the "terrorists"

Of course depending on how you think will dictate how much conspiracy is feasible and how much isn't .

Afghanistan sits on trillions of dollars of Lithium, what a perfect excuse to enter into the country. The Trans afghan pipeline was a deal signed with the British/American/Russians as joint venture with the Taliban in the erly 90's Al-quada didn't bother them then.

Iraq, well we all now know that the dossier was "sexed up" were there chemical weapons ? according Dr David Kelly Iraq were on the verge of nuclear capability! what happened to Dr David Kelly? he apparently commited suicide! a mysterious death to put it mildly. Haliburton,dick cheneys company made £30 billion dollars out of the Iraq war and subsequent Oil deals,deals that used to belong to Total of france before they became nul and void when saddam got beat up! oh yeah, France opposed the Iraq war didn't they? Total oil had a massive oil rights deal with Iraq by the way .

A cover up on his death ? surely not,not in the UK at least..one word for that ,Hillsbourough.

This nicely brings us onto Syria, has anybody ever heard of the Gas pipeline planned to run from Qatar into Europe ? its going to be trillions of dollars for the best mates of USA and UK, plan is to run it through a country called Syria !! if the planned pipeline goes ahead it will feed into Europe via Turkey, now all of a sudden it calls into question why Spain are making noises about Gibraltar all of a sudden, there will be a lot more traffic coming that way soon !

Anyway back to Syria, if the pipeline goes ahead it will seriously dent Russia's sale of gas into Europe, currently supplying about a third of European gas, the Russians will be seriously out of pocket,who are Russia supporting in the Syrian conflict? that's right!

All of this is being dressed up as the use of chemical weapons and humanitarian issues, this is not conspiracy its the truth ! same with the lithium and pipeline in Afghanistan,same with the US tearing up French oil deals in Iraq(want to know why france are on the side of America this time? now it makes sense right ?) and having the likes of haliburton make billions . This is the world policy that is taking place.

What did the twin towers have to do ith any of this stuff? well, imo it was the perfect excuse to legitimately go and secure natural resources with the backing of the people ,who were sold the death of the soldiers involved by a big fat lie !

14. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Don't get me started on Syria NJ. The UK and USA have been itching to get involved there since the civil war started.

15. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

We should send Dai to Syria for his diplomatic skills :laugh:

Sorry Dai

16. Norway-jack

Its not the British way though is it ? I think the UK is quite happy for the USA to take all the conspiracy hits and put themselves up for scrutiny , 7/7 was also a terrible thing but these attcks are still nothing compared to what is going on in other parts of the world in the name of terrorism,in Iraq there are still people being blown up in the hundred! what happened on July 7th was absolutely sickening,same as all the other terrorist acts, if fear is what they wanted then they got it!

I am convinced that world policy revolves around removing peoples civil rights to exert more control, that's exactly what happened since 9/11

17. swanseaandproud

we should keep our noses out of problems that occur in the east and let their own big countries sort it out. we would have little or no problems of terrorism in our own country then......Why should we think we have to get involved as its not as if we are a powerful nation any more. as someone said we are a small island of no significance now and are just puppets of the us government. we could never protect ourselves today like we use to be able to. Them days are gone and we should mind our own business for our own safety...

18. Norway-jack

What you talkin' about ? they been involved since long before then!...<laugh>

Sooner or later people will start to switch on, Syria is one of the many lies that are being told.

Chemical weapons ? well we know that,we sold it to them !

I was actually chuffed when the vote went against Cameron on military action. Not sure it will stop much but it will put the breaks on a little bit.

We haven't even mentioned what went on with the French in Algeria and them fighting "rebels" in Mali!

And the fact that Britain sent troops and a couple of planes to "help fance fight the rebels" like france don't have 2 planes of their own ? lol of course it was all to do with the massive natural gas reserves that the French are hoping to extract from north mali in the coming years, the area needs to be secured first though! the aftermath of the French going into Mali was for them to kill oil workers from Norway,Britain,Japan and Ireland in Algerian oil fields,a joint venture by BP,Stat oil and Total <ok>

The list goes on, all in the name of terrorism and rebels fighting for greed, maybe they are actually fighting for freedom and control of ther own natural resources?

19. Norway-jack

Which is fine ,but when you start going without fuel for your car,your home your plane ride to the states for holiday and everything else oil based then you will be wanting to change your mind on that one..i know you ! <laugh>

Natural resources is king and some of the best extraction technology is owned by the west, including Britain, who in many aspects are far ahead of the curve <ok>

20. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

I have heard that this is supposed to be a football forum.....or is this just a conspiracy theory?

I think some things need to move along to the general chat boards. I find these theories quite insulting at times.