1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 6 Nations

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sheffordqpr, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Fair play to Wee Jimmy for taking that in good humour...:grin:

qprbeth, Steelmonkey and QPR999 like this.
  2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Where are all the"well done England" posts?

3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Well done England

UTRs, rangercol and Wherever like this.
  4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Well done England. Sadly didn't see any of the game, but from what I read a very good performance.

Great achievement for the record and the Championship, really looking forward to the Dublin game. Apart from France-Italy my expectations for this round of games were completely off target so I'm not going to try to guess the outcome of that one.

5. rangercol

England have equalled the All Black's world record of 18 consecutive wins and have become a world class outfit under Jones.
    Youngs, Ford and Farrell create chance after chance for world class backs. With fantastic players sitting on the bench waiting to come on as finnishers, this is truly a fantastic team. People were rightly singing Scotland's praises but they were dismantled by the 2nd best team on the planet.
    Having said all that I still wouldn't like to predict next week's game in Dublin.
    The Irish always raise their game against the English and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were to deny England the Grand Slam and world record win total, especially as it's in Dublin.

6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I know little about rugby but if the argument for Ireland next week is "it's Ireland and it's in DUBLIN" then I fancy England.

7. rangercol

The fact the it's the Irish in Dublin shouldn't be underestimated as a huge factor.

8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

It's still the same blokes who have lost to average sides when England are meant to be the very best now. Would be quite poor for that to be balanced out by 60,000 Irishmen shouting.

England best price 8/11.

9. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Well done England, played to their potential yesterday and in fact beyond...to set a new bar at what they could be in the future

10. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Great weekend of sport. Had the pleasure of watching the Irish match in the middle of 43 Welsh lads (ALL dressed as leprechauns) in Kilkenny.
    Huge congrats to England on another commanding performance and securing a well deserved championship. Englands development under Jones is impressive. I still believe there's much more there and that's a worrying thought for all other northern hemisphere teams.
    Concerned that Schmidt has made Ireland too sterile. We had huge possession and territory stats against both Wales and Scotland and couldn't covert this into tries. We're too rigid and lack creativity in the final third.
    The final match should be interesting. I expect a serious backlash and Irish players don't like losing against the 'auld enemy' especially in Dublin. On current form their can only be one winner.
    Well done England

11. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

It has to be said that England were fortunate to beat Wales and France as well as taking their time to overcome Italy. Yesterday's performance was exceptional and very much driven by the backs. I don't think Ireland will allow us to play with such freedom and expect bruising battle that may well be decided by which team concedes the fewest penalties...

12. rangercol

Fortunate? No. Not at their best certainly.
    Yesterday's performance wasn't driven by the backs, they were on the end of extremely quick ball produced by the forwards and the superb trio of Youngs, Ford and Farrell.

13. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

England don't always win pretty but they win. The Tests down in Oz were particularly impressive. If a wounded Ireland put England under real pressure as I expect them to, it will be interesting to see how they respond.

The Six Nations has benefitted greatly from Southern Hemisphere coaches.

14. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Anyone watching the Scotland v Italy game think the refs kit looks like our away kit from 2011/12 season......??

15. rangercol

I fear the worst in Dublin as the Irish will be like demons against England.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

16. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

There is surely a good chance that most of Ireland will be suffering from post-St Patrick's day hangovers, which England will capitalise on and get an easy win.

17. daverangers

I'm confused by the end of the France vs Wales game...it is over 80 minutes and play has stopped...Wales are 5 points ahead...so why isn't the game over?

18. rangercol

Still the final phase. Until the defending side get awarded something France will keep on attacking. Farcical end though!

19. daverangers

Still going on in the 90th minute now...just bizarre.

20. rangercol

Fantastic defence from 14 man Wales!! 92nd minute now. Unbelievable end to the game.