1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2011/2012 Expectations

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by JimbobITFC, May 17, 2011.

1. JimbobITFC

JimbobITFC Member

I know its abit early...

But I was just wondering on what peoples realistic expectations are for next season!

I think if we obtain Bullard, gain a decent goal scorer such as Billy Sharp, a Centre half and another Centre Midfielder then we could possibly challenge for play-offs.

But as this is a re-building process I think we may just miss out on the playoffs next season, probably finishing around 10th!

Thoughts? :emoticon-0117-talki

2. JimbobITFC

JimbobITFC Member

Just realised I put last season dates, I meant 2011/2012 :redface:

3. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think next season will be even more competitive. West Ham will be strong and looking at the likes of Leicester, Burnley, Boro, Leeds and Forrest they would all fancy their chances, plus Southampton will probably be better than most expect. I'd love to see us do well but the best I can see us doing is sneaking the play offs.

4. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

My biggest hope for next season is for a 20,000 plus crowd regularly. If this is the case, it should mean we are playing attractive football, enjoying some success and making Portman Road a pleasure to be at again. Last season was certainly not achieving this and the attendance levels are a direct correlation with the team's performance. A few more clean sheets would be nice too!!! As always any number of teams can be seen as a threat and those listed by King-of-Portman-Rd are obvious candidates but, then again this time last year everyone was tipping Middlesbrough as the dead certs for promotion and look what happened to them before Mogga arrived. Actually this coming season I think they will be there or thereabouts. Any of the 3 teams that drop from the Prem have to start as real contenders of course. Southampton are a good spot - dare I say it..... the Scum! As always, it depends on the comings and goings over the summer period and then see who can steal a march early on once the season starts. There will always be one surprise package - wouldn't it be lovely if it was us!!!

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Fixed it <ok>

6. JimbobITFC

JimbobITFC Member

Thanks Hamps :)

7. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

Another hope for 2011/12 ........ Roy Keane to replace Agent Grant as manager at WHUFC !!! What a perfect match that would be !!!

8. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

over the past few seasons ive learnt not to expect anything, you only end up disappointed and annoyed.

but my hopes are a sustained challenge and ill be happy if we are at least mentioned as possibles when the pundits start discussing the run-in. one of my best memories of recent seasons has been the final day of jims last full season in charge and knowing we could get into the play-offs if things went our way. Another final day like that would be a good start and if im expecting anything its that.

9. Strattonblue

Strattonblue Guest

I'll settle for top 10 and being entertained. I reckon that we have the right man at the helm, but we have to give him a couple of years without people getting on his back.

10. Tractor Boy Steve Getting Slimmer

I'll settle for anything so long as it is no worse than what we have just endured.....Thanks Roy!!

A top ten finish would be the first step towards the promised land, and hopefully our place in it the following season.
    Entertainment week in/week out obvisously would be great, but that aint going to happen. So thats were we the loyal following must make a stand and get behind the team/club. No knocking or barracking. Remember we could well have several youngsters within the starting eleven,
    Jewell is the right man to guide us along. Time has to be the main factor and we must give it to him, win lose or draw

Come on NOT0606ers and COYB