1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

07/08 & current squad fantasy team

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by NickH, Jun 6, 2017.

1. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Seeing as we're in the post-season lull, with nothing but the odd, most likely BS, transfer rumour, I thought it might be a lark to come up with a team taken from our current squad (no Tammy now remember) and the most successful City team in recent(ish) times - the 07/08 side that reached the Championship playoff final.

If you could pick a fantasy side from both squads, who would you have? You can pick whatever formation you want. Here's my effort.

GK: Adriano Basso - No-brainer here methinks. I'm not as big a critic of Fielding as some, but Basso was immense at the time.

DL: Jamie McAllister - I'm a Joe Bryan fan and think he's better going forward than Jamie was, but defensively, McAllister was much more solid.

DC: Louis Carey - 'Nuff said

DC: Aden Flint - I think he and Jamie McCoombe are/were similar players and I'm not yet ready to put in Bailey Wright. Fontaine was actually pretty decent, but maybe his decline afterwards changes that perception. A close call, but Aden gets the nod.

DR: Bradley Orr - Another no-brainer. A bit unsavoury, but an effective player.

ML: Michael McIndoe - For a while, one of the best left-sided players in the division. Callum O'Dowda will hopefully reach greater heights, but he's not there yet.

MC: Marvin Elliott - Marvellous Marvin for a reason.

MC: Cole Skuse - If Korey Smith could stay fit he might challenge - similarly, Brownhill needs a bit more time but has potential. Marlon Pack is a decent shout, and I hold out hope that Hegeler will come good, but for now Skuse gets the nod.

MR: Scott Murray - 'Nuff said.

AM/CF: Lee Tomlin - Had an indifferent season, so is almost here by default as Matty Taylor hasn't yet delivered, Trundle didn't really quite work out and Djuric/Paterson need time. Mixed feelings about his likely departure.

CF: Dele Adebola - Not necessarily a prolific goal-scorer himself, but a great presence. A younger Wilbraham would have given him a battle, and a un-injured Steve Brooker would likely have been a starter. That Darren Byfield was our top scorer with 8 was indicative of a lack of a natural finisher at the time.

...Probably unsurprising that the 07/08 side dominates, though the current side is mostly young, hopefully with their best years ahead of them - Tammy would've been a dead-cert to if eligible.

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Good shout that Nick

3. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Korey would be in my side.