1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zoumana Bakayogo

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by southernfox, Jul 22, 2013.

1. southernfox

southernfox Member

Former Tranmere Rovers defender Zoumana Bakayogo is reportedly undergoing a medical at Leicester City.

The 26-year-old, who has previously played for Paris Saint-Germain, is currently available on a free transfer after departing Tranmere at the end of last season.

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

sounds good this lad

3. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He'll keep Konch on his toes or, fit into a left wing-back role. I've heard we're looking to play 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 similar to Man City, Juventus and the like.

Can imagine De Laet and Bakayogo on the wings providing no end of pace.

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I think Nigel will try and shift Konchesky anyway. But I dont see it being possible

And hopefully this means Jeff Schlupp gets a proper crack further up the pitch. I would like to see him compete with Lloyd as I think Schlupp is very similar the Dyer but with better technical ability

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Finally have a backup LB - need another CB and CM and we should be sorted.

Don't agree with playing a 5-3-2 - this means the only width is from the full backs and you can get overwhelmed in the middle of the pitch but we'll see.

6. Proud Fox

While I think its a good option to have but where does it leave Lloyd Dyer, Ben Marshall and Anthony Knockaert?

7. Proud Fox

@SkySportsPeteO 3m
    Leicester sign former Tranmere defender Zoumana Bagayoko on free transfer. #lcfc #trfc

8. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

3-5-2 is great if you have the players to carry if off. It got us promoted and if you have solid crossers of the ball, it can really work. We were lucky because we had Elmo and Brady, but if you can get two good WB players, then you're laughing.

I really rate Bakayogo, he's a really good player who should've been playing at a higher level ages ago. Strong and scores goals too. If he's free, you've picked up a bargain.

9. Proud Fox

@StringerSport 2m
    BBC Radio Leicester understand Zoumana Bakayogo has signed a 2 year contract at #lcfc & becomes the 1st completed summer signing

10. Proud Fox

It can work as you lot proved but as we seen when you came to our players if can can attack behind the full back you can create opportunities for the strikers.

A midfield 3 of Andy King, Matty James and Neil Danns would be superb just like King, Wellens and Abe was a few years ago

Where we would struggle is having to find 2 partners for Wes Morgan instead of 1. I would mind seeing Liam Moore start alongside Morgan with a new signing though but again what would we do with Knockaert, Marshall and Dyer, neither would fit into the system.

11. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

We had to sort of retrain Robbie Brady, so that he could defend as well as attack and he became a much better player for it. Elmohammady is great at crossing from deep, but Rosenior was the better defender and the former played more confidently (in my opinion) when deployed ahead of a RB.

The key to the formation is flexibility and hard work. You need the 3 CBs to be able to cover the whole back line, or you can get caught out on the break (see our last day penalty shenanigans). The 2 of the 3 CM need to be able to get forward into the final 3rd, leaving one back to cover the counter. The beauty of the 3-5-2 is that the crossing isn't limited to the same, predicatble places; WBs tend to cross from deep as well as the byline, eliminating the need to take on players as often. Elmo was really, really good at this. Knockaert, if he beefed up a bit, could probably handle the role as he looks like he has a bit of pace. If Dudgeon can't get into our first team, I'd have thought a loan for him would do you good as he was dominating the left side until his injury.

12. Proud Fox

Thats the worst thing we could do. His quick feet and low centre of gravity is what makes him the player he is.

With the midfield it would suit us very well with Matty James holding, Andy King getting forward and Neil Danns interchanging. Then there is Danny Drinkwater for back up.

The defence would be a problem with as Whitbread is crap, the jury is still out on St. Ledger and he cant get a run of games without getting injured

13. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

You clearly have never seen him play - as for scoring goals, I suppose a grand total of 6 in his 9 year career to date aint bad!
    I was very relieved that it wasn't us that signed him - took us a year to get rid of him 1st time round and that was to a French 5th div side and we still, had to pay half his wages!

14. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well De Laet is by far our best crosser but I think it'll be the pace of the two Baca and De Laet that'll make the formation work rather than crossing from deep.

15. Freddy Fosse

Freddy Fosse Member

He played a whopping 16 times for you over 5 years ago. Hopefully he's improved since then, Tranmere fans seem to think he's a decent player.

I'll reserve judgement til I've seen him play but at least he adds some competition for the lb spot.

16. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Be warned. This guy rates Steve Morison <laugh>

17. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

I also once rated Chris Wood <laugh>

18. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Proves my point even more if you don't now <laugh>

19. foxaway

foxaway Member

Sometimes it doesn't quite happen for players at certain clubs, they drop down a level, get better and come back stronger.

We've seen it happen loads: Grant Holt, Mark Bright, Tom Ince, Danny Graham, countless others. TC is being a fool if he thinks that just because this lad, (who was what, 19 at the time?) didn't get on at Millwall, that means he is utter dog ****.

You know as well as any other football fan, TC, that form is temporary, class is permanent. If it turns out over the season that he can't cut it, then fair enough but don't judge him on your own skewed opinion. He was in the team of the year last year and has every chance of making a success of himself with us.

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Note that you are the only guy that says that and also that you are the only Millwall fan on this board - Wood chose us over you, move on.