1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zdenk Grygera

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Take Me Home Al Fayed, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Take Me Home Al Fayed

Does anyone know how his recovery is going or if Big Maart took up the option of a second year on his contract?

I imagine he should be fit for the start of the season but have seen no mention of him or if he is still with us. He is still on the official squad list on the website so am pretty sure he is but haven't been any mention of his contract being renewed or how his recovery is going.

I thought he was solid for us last season and was gutted when he was injured… I hope he does start the new season with us.

2. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

He's one of many who are 'out of contract' but haven't been released (that we know of). Last I heard his recovery was going well. He looked very good for us before his injury, IMO.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that the club were happy for him to train/rehab with us, and to consider a new contract once he's fit again.

4. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Would love to see him back with us. Agree with comments above he looked very good for us before the injury.

5. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

We've been linked with a 29 year old German right back this morning for Koln so this may spell the end of either Grygera or Kelly.

6. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

Grygera was decent enough- will never forget that scream though- spine chilling.

7. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Signed earlier today on season long loan. Good signing. Two caps for Germany.

8. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Sorry Bandit, I didn't see this until after I'd posted the thread about Reither signing. On Gryger, my understanding is that he is still doing 'recovery training' - as you'll recall he had an operation back in November - and will not be ready for full training until the middle of this month, at best.

So he won't be joining the main squad on Monday or for any of the pre-season games. Oops, I'll say that again, so he won't be joining the main squad on Monday.

9. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

And well called by Bandit too.

Grygera still has a place at the club if he comes back. He played well at centre back last season.