1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zamora's story......

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottagecravens, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Cottagecravens

Should this deal go through....I am counting the days until he does an article in a paper to say how badly run Fulham is and how much he has a dislike to Martin Jol.

2. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

If BZ should make derogatory comments about his stay at Fulham,so what,
    similar things were said about us by a little cretin several years ago when
    he left for Hull.
    And look how he ended up.

3. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

****in' A!

4. RobespierreFFC

If he does I will lose so much respect for him. Despite the fact that he's moving to our rivals and with our ex-manager, I'm trying to tell myself to keep admiring him as a player and remember all the great times he has given us. If you need a reminder, just skip to 3.52 in this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fzobg1VEBA&feature=related

5. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

He was one of my favourite players, but going to our rivals into the arms of that arrogant toerag is a deep burn...

6. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

I believe he will make a statement of the sort, probably being egged on by MH.

7. spoonffc

spoonffc Member

what he said

8. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Apparently Zamora's first interview included him stating that it was QPR's ambition which led to him joining the club.

Take from that what you will.

9. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

I think he is getting 'ambition' mixed up with 'willingness to double his wages'.

10. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

I think their ambition might attract players but the capability of achieving those ambitions is something entirely different.

If the reported wages of £90,000 a week are true then to me football is dying! Simply ridiculous. Bobby Zamora has always been a decent player but he cannot be worth that much money to anyone.

11. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

All players have to say that whether it's true or not. He's not about to say 'The gaffer offered to double my wages so I said bring it on' is he! Don't read into it too much.

12. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Wonder if Zamora has a get-out clause in his contract, if QPR get relegated ? :emoticon-0100-smile

13. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

I don't agree. To have made such a similar statement that his manager made only a few months ago regarding the same club tells me that this was less of a formality and more of a dig at FFC.

14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

The whole question of Fulham and QPR's respective ambition is an interesting one. I think QPR now are where we were ten or so years ago - establishing themselves back in the top flight and therefore needed to pay big wages to attract quality players while they make the transition from the Championship to established Premier League team. After a few years of having one of the biggest (in terms of %age of turnover, not in total cash value) wagebills in the division, we then started the task of reducing that wagebill to a more manageable size. I don't think that QPR are, in the long term, going to become any more capable of challenging for Champions League places etc than we are now, but in the short term they are willing to pay a lot more in wages for players - hence the likes of Wright-Phillips ending up there. I can see how 'QPR will pay bigger wages; therefore they are more ambitious' seems like a natural conclusion, but I think it's more a reflection of the two clubs being in different circumstances. They are paying out in search of survival, we are balancing books in search of sustainability. Give them two or four years in the Premier League and they will start shifting the balance of their wage bill just like we did.

15. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Come on, what else have QPR got going for them? He was never going to say "I'm looking forward to playing in the Champions League" or "winning trophies" was he?

16. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Looking forward to the challenge of keeping the club in the Premier League? Looking forward to helping take the club forward?