1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zaha Signs for Man Utd...

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 25, 2013.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Couldn't really care less about Man U or Hollowhead and their business normally but I think there is something very wrong with this latest transfer if the reported agreement is correct..

How can it be right for a football team to sell it's best player for £15m and then retain that player for the rest of the season but also be able to invest that money to recruit more players of a higher calibre to the disadvantage of other teams in the same league, surely Zaha should be taken out of that leagues matches or sign a pre-season contract with no money changing hands to keep everything on a fair level..

This is not a critique of Hollowhead, It's the arrangement that's seems to give an unfair advantage to Crystal Palace and I won't even start on about the Watford situation....

The football world seems to be going in a strange direction..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21195116

2. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

It does seem unfair wiz they should either have the money and not spend it with zaha going back on loan. Or lose the player and can then spend the money. Would be bang out of order if they sign adomah as well as keeping zaha

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure, but I doubt Palace will get their intial £10M until the summer. The rest is future add ons.

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Hi Sparky, it says in the article they get the money up front, if correct then it's a very dodgy and unfair decision...

' United will pay £10m up front, with an extra £5m in additional fees.'

5. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Hello Wizey - I think the "upfront" bit just means when he actually joins them, not right now.

The deal has been agreed by both sides, contracts signed, but wont be crystallised until the summer.

If they get the cash right now, I agree that would seem very unfair to keep the player as well.

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I just think it creates an unfair advantage..

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

How do you work that out if they wont get the dosh until Summer?

Unless you think they could use the signed contract as a line of credit for purchases right now, I can't see it.

Anyway Wizey - I took a bit of stick over here a while back suggesting that Zaha wasn't as good as everyone was drooling about.

I said it again last week after we'd beaten Blackpool up there, and added that their player Tom Ince was a better prospect - I still think that.

Zaha is like a bottle of fizzy pop that goes all over the place when you shake it a bit. Ince is more like a smooth bottle of Nuits Saint George. Smooth as silk and will get better with age.

8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

If they don't get the cash upfront I have got no argument..

I agree both of those lads are class acts and have proved it, good luck to them..

9. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

the other clubs at the top should cause a stink if palarse have been given any money upfront. Warnock will go mad if leeds lose out on a playoff place to palace! the situation stinks and what would happen if Wilf had a really career threating injury?

10. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

difference is Zaha is 4 years younger than ince so makes him more of a target. Two great players though

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Better look again Dodger - they're both just 20 mate.

12. Lan Logger

No idea why I thought Ince was 24..

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I'd have understood it if you'd got confused and said 22 - at least that's the number of points you've got............<laugh> <ok>

14. Lan Logger

15. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I smell a rat in this deal and if Palace do get the money upfront (means right now) then I believe the league should investigate the whys and wherefores and take action if the rules have been bent.

The F.A. constantly talk about themselves giving due diligence to affairs concerning the rules but for some mysterious reason it never includes Sir Alex (I'll moan as much as I can to get my selfish way) Ferguson.

16. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I smell a rat in this deal and if Palace do get the money upfront (means right now) then I believe the league should investigate the whys and wherefores and take action if the rules have been bent.

The F.A. constantly talk about themselves giving due diligence to affairs concerning the rules but for some mysterious reason it never includes Sir Alex (I'll moan as much as I can to get my selfish way) Ferguson.

17. MassiveAttack

congrats on getting to Wembley, perhaps some of the money could be used to sign Ince? What a dangerous pair they'd make linking up with Michu. <ok>

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

A good try Massive. Close but no cigar.

19. MassiveAttack

haven't a clue what your getting at.....
    please log in to view this image

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

havent really looked at the deal closely so i may be way off target with this but what is wrong with man utd buying zaha paying £10million up front and then man utd loan back zaha to palace for the rest of the season? if man utd loaned zaha out to cardiff or another club then no one would care. but as he been loaned straight back to palace meaning palace gets the money and the player back on loan for the rest of the season - that is apparently unfair? dont get how that is unfair. this sort of deal been going on for a long time. if im wrong about the deal then im sorry, im just going by what i heard about the deal and im too tired to actually read it in detail <ok>