1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth Players

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by GillinghamLAD, Jul 5, 2011.

1. GillinghamLAD

GillinghamLAD Member

At the end of last season the club seemed to have offered a large number of academy players pro contracts. At first I thought this was kind of bad news that the club didn't intend to bring in players from elsewhere.
    Now that this has obviously changed, does anyone know enough about our youth as to whether they have the ability to make an impact? Ashley Miller I hope will be given the odd game here and there to aid his development.

We seem to have produced a couple of decent players in recent years, namely Luke Freeman and moreso Ryan Bertrand who is now a well established England U21 player at Chelsea and in high demand this season after impressing on loan in The Championship.

2. gfclukey

gfclukey Member

Think the situation with Ashley Miller last year was we couldn't play him all the time because of his age. Think there was something said at the end of last season where Hessy said he is looking forward to seeing him in training every day. I don't know just think this was the case.

3. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

i believe he was still at school last year so obviously that takes precidence over football unfortunatly