1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youre Team & Tactics vs Barcelona + Prediction

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Viva Vela, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Viva Vela

Viva Vela Member

I Know we have Wolves up first, But im generally excited for this game win or lose, So here i go.... What wil your team be vs Barcelona, and what tactics will you use? i think we should go for 4-4-2 because we have to crowd out xavi & iniesta, if we went for a 4-3-3 this formation will leave messi & co with alot more space. i think we should wait and hit them on the counter with theo waiting to pounce. Sczczeny Eboue-Djorou-Kos-Clichy Walcott-Fab-Song-Wilshere RvP-Chamakh or Bendtner. Cant afford to play Arshavin because we need everyone to pressure and track back and Arshavin doesnt really do it that much. My Prediction is 1-1. David Villa & then Walcott. What is Walcott cooking on Wednesday?, Mince Meat...Special ingredient Eric Abidal.

2. TheEnigmaofEmmanuelEboue

Problem with Arshavin is that he's prone to conceding possession as we are pouring forward and leaves us open to counter-attacks where we are at our most vulnerable.

As far as tactics go, our best bet would be to allow them possession as they are naturally better than us at holding it, and hitting them as hard on the break as possible. I want us to pummell them though with as quick and explosive attacking football as possible. They have been playing against inferior opposition on a weekly basis, and may be stunned by the quality of our attacking game.

Also, I wish Nasri was back.

3. Your Cesc is on Fire

Is Nasri definitely out then?

last I head officially, he had a 30% chance (I know that's as good as out, but still...)

I think Walcott must start, maybe on the left so he can help with Messi.

Then again, we need him on the right as Sagna is suspended.

I think that this is the kind of game that Koscielny will be great in, a technical game with less aerial and physical stuff to deal with.

I would go:

------------------Chesny---------------------
    --Eboué------Djourou---Koscielny-----Clichy--
    -------------Song------Wilshere--------------
    ----Walcott-----Fabregas---------Arshavin----
    -----------------van Persie-------------------

Kudos to Arshavin, he has been tracking back since he's gone ****, though he is getting better now, so he might stop.

4. Viva Vela

Viva Vela Member

as eboue said, attack wise he loses possession a fair bit, so i dont know if we should risk being hit on the counter. And i was thinking about Walcott on the left, He could out pace alves and messi, but its not a game were u wanna test out new positions, Unless wenger tried it against Wolves that is. P.S- im not criticising Arshavin, Ive always defended him, He is an amazing player!!

5. Kamran - KingKoscielny

Kamran - KingKoscielny Active Member

I can't believe Arsenal.com still haven't confirmed Djourou's injury isn't serious.

Anyway my team:

----------------Chesney
    Eboue----Djourou------Koscielny----Clichy
    ------------Song---------Wilshere
    ---Walcott-------Fabregas------Rosicky
    -------------------Van Persie

6. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

I'm playing nice guys honest.

It's a hard call because you need to get the right balance as it's the home leg, you realistically NEED to win it.
    I'd try Song holding, with Wilshere and Diaby (his ban doesn't affect european games right?) With Fabregas on the left, Walcott on the right and RVP down the middle. Players who will track back for the cause and will then turn and attack.
    Is Almunia not fit now?

I'd go with

--------------------------Szeczny-------------------
    Eboue---Koscielny---Djourou----Clichy
    ------------------------Song-------------------------
    -------------Wilshere---------Diaby-------------
    Walcott---------RVP----------------Fabregas-

7. Viva Vela

Viva Vela Member

Yeah Moonia is fit now, but if they took out Szczeny from the game of his life that would break his confidence right down, + Moonia is a keeper waiting to be chipped. Do u think arsenal will get beat at emirates?

8. TheEnigmaofEmmanuelEboue

Fool me once by letting Almunia play against Barcelona, shame on you.

Fool me twice, you know how it goes.

I'd risk Arshavin tbh. He offers real attacking menace, and I believe we can get a result if we break hard offensively when the opportunity arises. We can annilhate their defence imo, if we have sufficient belief in our attacking qualities.

9. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

As far as the keeper's concerned remember newcastle (and before anyone talks to me about wolves that's not a piss take, just straight up observation). I guess that's a controversial one.

I think Arsenal need to win, so they're in a position at the nou camp where a draw is acceptable. We showed in 2008 and Inter last year that you HAVE to park the bus at Barcalona. I know Wenger doesnt like it but if you beat them 2-1 at the emirates and scrap through a 0-0 draw away, but only manage 2 shots all game, you'll take it, it's progress.

I have a sinking feeling it'll be another draw. Not another Fabregas grabs a late we're holding on draw, but a draw none the less, which will mean you'll have to attack them away.

I joke about it being funny, Arsenal being knocked out; but as an Englishman I'd love to see all teams progress.

10. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I think we may be best employing 2 joiners to board up the goal
    P.S.Glad to see you playing nice.You can have two chocolate biscuits as a treat<laugh>

11. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

GET IN. Bourbon or Digestives?

The only other option I thought of was having Wilshere and Song holding, Fabregas being RVP and Bendtner on the left.

I really do like Arshavin but his form recently has been poor and in the last 16 of the CL you don't wanna be playing a guy to 'find his form'

12. Viva Vela

Viva Vela Member

Custard Creams all day.
    More or less what my team would be.

13. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I think Arshavin has been **** for the majority of the season,i really think he is a lazy **** who constantly leaves Clichy exposed.
    For being a good lad you can also have a Jammy Dodger<laugh>

14. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

Problem is, minus Arshavin, who else have you got on the left?

Is gibbs fit?

15. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

You've hit the nail on the head.Personally i'd play Rosicky at least he puts a shift in.

16. John Smith

John Smith Active Member

A whole team of custard creams? Weird.

Arshavin's being really trying in his last few games. We need him playing and maybe having Denilson covering the left....

17. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

If gibbs was fit I'd just bump Clichy up the field.

Arshavin hasn't been bad, but like I said before, not the game you wanna risk it with.

18. Four2Three1©

Four2Three1© Active Member

Surely it's more of a risk to play Clichy in a new role, then to have Arshavin on the pitch?

19. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

LM isn't that much different from LB for an attatcking fullback, just a little more running.

SAF does it with Evra.

20. Four2Three1©

Four2Three1© Active Member

Yeah not too different,
    Very rarely does Fergie do it with Evra, and he certainly wouldn't do it against City, let alone Barca.
    At home I think they need some goals, Easier said then done against Barca, but Arshavin is always capable of a wonder goal out of the blue.