1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic your x marked the start ..now . beyond 100days what for the next 100 ... 7th July

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Dec 8, 2019.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

What a Christmas run up …..
    Every party is now putting the final touch's to their big event, be it political or office!
    Politically various individuals are tidying up loose ends of their own or others and hoping they have job in or supporting their chosen one in Westminster
    Office party individuals are beavering away to make it a success whilst so and so is scheming how to get so and so into the stationary cupboard! and hoping they might be promoted or get a rise in one way or another!!
    It is the one day, a GE, when everyone entitled gets to be the most important person in the country and the humble pencil the most important tool [ or pen?].
    The weather could be the most important worry, although this time there seems to be a lot more polling stations. My usual walk to the polling station used to be less than 300m! It is now just 50m …
    Come Thursday ATIYAH will have blown itself out and B?????? is on the horizon lets hope it is the only one and from Saturday 14th we can all relax sit back and watch the football v Blackburn, do our Christmas shopping without being pestered by party activists thrusting leaflets into our hands or requesting which way we will vote etc and our beloved forum gets back to just discussing the likes and dislikes of how we are attempting to get to the promised land …………
    I think just for Thursday I will discard my red shirt for a blue one !

Red Robin likes this.
  2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Blue one 100% from me on that day

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

JGF2 - for someone who wants to get back to discussing football rather than political matters at every opportunity, you've been a serial promoter perpetuating the political stuff this past few weeks.

I look in over here pretty often and I'm always up for a chat about anything on any forum, but your waffle about politics recently has shifted the emphasis to just that - and now you start another bloody thread about it.

No offence meant. <ok>

RedorDead likes this.
  4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

This is the worst mixed bunch of liars, cheats and downright incompetents that I’ve ever been compelled to choose from.
    But choose I must. Which will do the least damage to our country? FFS - what a choice - they are all tw@s of the highest order.
    The worst thing is the knowledge that ONE of them will end up with the keys to No’ 10..........

6. johngalleyfan2

with just about 20 hours to go to the crunch …. it will soon see a day of how much does the country care about what government takes them into the next decade … how many will vote and for whom ….. I vote knowing that my constituency is one of 2 halves … one half [ /side, geographically] is Labour the other conservative, but is growing as more houses are built on this side with voters in blue. since my op I have walked most days around the estate. …..
    ..... other than the odd sticker in the window not seen a party on the 1x 1 post for any of them .. just 1 Lib un dem site with 3 ( a foot apart ) nearby about 3/4mile ..have had a lib undem, a Brexit and a conservative leaflet through the letter box but from labour 6 including 3 today and they wish to protect the planet!!!!! .. nothing from greens
    chatting with other dog walkers / people on my walks the subject came up have you had any canvassers come a knocking … from about a dozen peeps none.. not one..
    when you get old you take most days as they come... you plan for the future as you always have done, and I accept everything "major" like Christmas ,holiday destinaations, expedititions etc and of course GE's as possibly my last …. will it be my last, this time ….. X

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

8. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

We will in next 10 years see an end to postal vote it will all be internet based everyone to be sent randomly generated passwords instead

9. johngalleyfan2

we had the same here with Bristol east candidate a couple elections ago let it out the bag Labour were so far in front with postal vote they had already opened a bottle ...led to a lot of peeps not voting ...she was never punished .. and standing tomorrow

10. johngalleyfan2

11. johngalleyfan2

don't you just love it when the photographer always gets the "best side"

12. johngalleyfan2

spoke with the returning officer of our polling station … she said it is busier than expected, maybe because a lot of voters want to get it done before evening time … I can watch from here, my house where they vote … it is in the church opposite and there is a window which when I look out I can see room, but only peeps heads! it is constant always someone at [ near ] the booths ....
    turn out could be over 60%?

13. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

John - can you see enough to give us an exit poll please?

14. johngalleyfan2

please log in to view this image

15. johngalleyfan2

I will be happy if they just get 330 seats
    now the fun begins have a 12 pack 2 x6 Tesco bottle beer selection … will drink one for a win each of the areas Tories win a gain ….

16. johngalleyfan2

drank 8 bottles before bed at 0600hrs got up at 9.30 for a CELEBRATORY start of the next 5 years and put the coffee on!
    Just checked the stockmarket and wow overnight my holding has gone up by over £6k not checked the euro's but guess that will be higher, over 1.16 or better and profit there. Been a good week grand daughters dance academy does a raffle/draw over 8 months [ £80 ] to send them to the world championships in the USA WON £200 [week 4] ( £250 total ) ...Sold a load of stuff on the internet for £500 profit … had my pensioners Christmas present from the Gov …£10 … woweee

Now lets get Brexit done, hospitals built, 3000 nurses, 500 doctors 1000 police and then look forward to 2021 ……. and

Its going to be a good Christmas for everyone in the UK … a massive feel good factor …. all we need is a win on Saturday ...COME ON YOU REDZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

17. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

manxrobin likes this.
  18. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

That's how I feel about my boy.

ps, I prefer the horse.<laugh>

19. johngalleyfan2

which one is the horse left or centre?

20. johngalleyfan2

CAN YOU BELIEVE peeps have been marching through London since dinner time...
    WHAT bit of "BORIS has a 80 seat majority, he had 45. 5% of the total votes cast and is in power for 5 years" cant they understand. One or 2 of them look like real Jimmy no "REAL" mates so probably this only way to get a bit of friendship with likewise Jimmy's. Shame it isn't really peeing it down ….