1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your Wembley plans.....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Caldicot Cider Red, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

What are they for the big day out? I am actually in Basildon for the weekend (what have I ever done so bad to be punished like this?) visiting the in-laws, so I am planning to get onto the London orbital car park and make my way to Rickmansworth and park up there (a few free car parks there as well!) and have a pint and a spot of grub, then tube my way into Wembley, about 20 mins journey time. Rickmansworth is only about 20 mins or so off the M4/M25 junction so not too bad for the home trip. Looking to get to Wembley a good 2 hours before kick off just to enjoy the atmosphere, and perhaps pay over the odds for another pint!
    I parked up at Denham for the play off game, but the trains arn't as frequent on a Sunday so opting for the more regular tube trains.

2. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

travelling thru London so relatively easy,always the same routine, a few beers around Marylebone station then10 mins overgrond to Wembley, by far the easiest route.

3. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

8;30am four of us on the football special from Parkway to Paddington,then into London with free all day tube pass,few drinks and a nice lunch followed by a couple of hours around Wembley soaking up the atmosphere.
    Hopefully seeing city go on too lifting the cup.:1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down:

4. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

My wife and I are making a weekend of it - going up Saturday and coming back Monday

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Me and Mrs R&W are taking the National Express from Swindon - due to get in to Victoria at about 11:00am. We'll get a 'go anywhere' tube ticket and go to Notting Hill first of all, to a pub near the market that we both like - the Sun in Splendour' - they sell a nice variety of different (strong) lagers! http://www.suninsplendourpub.co.uk/
    If it's sunny we'll sit outside in the little courtyard out the back.
    Once we have sampled enough of their hospitality we'll make our way over to Wembley (our seats are right at the back on the half-way line). My son will be getting the train in from High Wycombe - but that's an easy ride for him because Chiltern Rail goes straight to Wembley more or less from his door.
    Once inside the ground we'll meet up with Hillzider (from OTIB) for a few more beers.
    After the game, its back into London for celebratory drinks and a curry - we may go to Petticoat Lane - there are loads of curry houses there - before back to Victoria for the return bus home - due back to Swindon at midnight.

Happy dayz!

6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

If anyone had told me that I would be making plans to see Bristol City at Wembley I would have said that there was no chance.

However time and tide has forced me to change my return trip back to Canada by 6 days to see the boys trot out on to the famous turf. Returning from our usual winter in the Canaries we will spend 4 days down in Kent visiting my soon to be 100 years old mother-in-law and then travel to Milton Keynes to visit Bletchley Park which has always been a bit of an enigma in my life (get it?) and then return to the Heathrow area hotel for Sat/Sun nights.

Travel to and from Wembley will be by taxi (no expense spared) where I will meet my ticket benefactor and as many 606ers as can spot the Maple Leaf flag. Back to the hotel after the game for celebration nibblies and a pint of Drambuie and then to bed. Moderate rise next morning and then off to the airport where Air Cannabis will take us back to Canada in luxurious comfort for the next 9 hours. Back in our house by 9:00 p.m. PST (5:00 a.m. next day GMT) and the long recovery from the jet lag.

Enjoy the Wembley experience one and all and if you should have time to visit the Canadian booth (actually some old fart from Vancouver Island waving a Canadian flag) please do so!

smhbcfc likes this.
  7. invermeremike

P.S. If anyone we meet wants to invite us back to join your celebrations - rock on!

8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

My mate has a minibus company so I have hired a 17 seater and will drive up with mates (I'm not driving thank god), its a group I go to away games with quite a lot, but I have closer friends going up on the train, but I'm gonna stick with the usual crew who go away regularly.

Few beers will be in order but not as many as last time we visited Wembley.

9. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I was hoping you would invite us back to Canada mate - that's where I am thinking of moving to anyway :)

10. invermeremike

If City win the cup you'll never want to leave jolly old blighty. Maybe if Sean O'Dismall returns as manager it would be worth a chance.

11. Squasher

Squasher Active Member

RR,looks like we will be on the same train!!!!!!!!

12. Red Robin

Yep lots going on this one,just like the old days,who you going over with any of the old boys<laugh>
    Not as important as the last game here but never the less we want to win it,then on to take the title, and a return to the championship.

13. Squasher

Squasher Active Member

Not the old boys this time mate,haven't heard from them in a while.

14. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

If you have a train ticket for a specific train I wouldn't presume that, that will be the train you will be travelling on, they will be using a queing system at Temple meads and you will get on the next empty train as per your place in the queue. -- get there very early if you want to go on a train you've booked!

15. Red Robin

Yes i have not seen any of them for four or five years all gone different ways<cheers>

16. smhbcfc

"Enjoy the Wembley experience one and all and if you should have time to visit the Canadian booth (actually some old fart from Vancouver Island waving a Canadian flag) please do so!"

Mike - which block are you in?

17. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Change of routine from the Hull playoff game. Drive up to Ealing, tube into Paddington and a few drinks in some of the local pubs in or around Praed St then on to the stadium of dreams.....or when we played Hull, nightmares.....!!!!!!

18. invermeremike

Block 118 which I believe is level with the 6 yard box.

19. smhbcfc

I'll keep my eye open for your flag

20. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member