1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your vote on July 4th?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, May 30, 2024.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

What is it?

Mine in a South Bristol Labour seat so safe Jimmy Saville would have still won it for Labour will be NONE OF THE ABOVE THEIR ALL ****ERS!!.

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Also based in South Bristol and Labour always win (not sure why, but it seems the same with all big cities)

Reform get my vote this time.

The Tories have shot themselves in the foot and backside over immigration, law and order, energy, etc etc and I wouldn't vote Labour if it was a one party state

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  3. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

You going to spoil your vote or just not bother?

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Swindon South - Robert Buckland’s seat. He’s held it since 2010, so pretty safe up to now.
    I actually know him quite well - first name terms. Nice enough guy - but dubious politician.
    As I stated on the other election thread, the Labour candidate is Heidi Alexander - a local woman.
    No idea who the Lib Dem candidate is - or any of the others tbh.
    As for my vote; not 100% decided yet but it’s likely to be Labour this time.
    I voted Lib Dem at the last election and for Cameron in the one previous.

Last edited: May 30, 2024
  5. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

I live in a very safe South Bristol seat for Labour. Despite this government being the biggest shower of **** I have seen in my life, I cannot vote for Labour again as they are a lighter shade of ****.

I am going to draw a massive cock on my ballot paper.

6. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh>

Perhaps if the cock was already there as a candidate I might vote for it!!!

7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Reform for me in South Gloucestershire -always voted Tory they deserve nothing this election as for Labour I could never vote them in.

Their beliefs and ways are not mine in any way.

Supcon72 and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I’m undecided, live in South East Wales so I’ve got both the idiots. Tories for UK and Labour run Wales.

True we get free prescriptions here but our NHS here is a crock of ****, due to lack of funds by you guessed it free prescriptions. Just so some knob can get paracetamol or similar free from doctors rather than pay 25p from Tesco’s.
    It’s so bad now that my granddaughter can’t have NHS dental treatment unless she waits till my age to get up the list. I’m lucky that I can afford it but there are others who can’t. So in twenty years time the kids will all be sporting black rotten teeth.

So this year I might just forget it.

9. AshtonRed

Free prescriptions isn’t just getting paracetamol for free, try being an asthmatic and see how much you’d have to pay if prescriptions weren’t free, and thats just one example.

10. RedorDead

It’s being abused over here, you can’t deny that.

11. AshtonRed

Nothings perfect, but no point throwing out the baby with the bath water, monitor it, and prevent abuse by all means, but don’t get rid of it altogether.

12. RedorDead

When you’ve sat in the flagship hospital for 19 hours then you may see what I mean. Build a hospital and put a broom cupboard with no parking spaces. Makes great sense, to me. They had the chance to make it big enough but choose not to and made the Gwent minor injuries and I heard that Neville hall is going that way as well.
    PS, I’ve been on medication for years and will be for life. Why not go back to how it was with paying a monthly subscription charge. This way has just drained the NHS in Wales.

13. AshtonRed

Was at the Glen A&E for 6hrs hrs 5 weeks ago, also spent 14 hrs in A&E in London a couple months ago, I can assure London was by far the worse of the two, both facility wise and amount of waiting time. Like you I also use medication every day, I have for around 30 years, BTW I didn’t pay for it when I lived in England and I don’t now either as my condition is exempt from charges, the point I raise doesn’t affect me.

edit

I meant the Grange at Cwmbran

you’ve obviously never tried parking in the BRI in Bristol. Also in London we had to pay for parking, I had to keep popping out and adding more time, for 14 hrs, it cost an absolute fortune, at least parking in Welsh hospitals are free. So don’t think losing free prescriptions will make facilities or waiting time any better.

Last edited: May 30, 2024
  14. AshtonRed

Duplicate post

15. RedorDead

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/paracetamol-prescriptions-costing-welsh-nhs-2047279#

16. AshtonRed

I dont dispute there are abuses, those things can be looked at and dealt with, it’s not a reason to completely get rid of free prescriptions.

I don’t see the link you suggesting though between the two issues, it’s not as simple as you suggest. I pointed out comparisons gained by my own experience over the last six months of two hospitals, one in England and one in Wales,

There’s also the wider issue, especially in times of a cost of living crisis. if people decide they can’t afford to pay for their prescriptions so don’t take them, only for their condition to worsen meaning they end up in hospital. The potential costs are far higher. It’s not just as simple as it seems.

17. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

feel the same way ... but still like to post the odd quirks etc ...... :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

18. realred1952

I broke my wristsome years ago following my hobby under LLANGATTOCK! after getting to the pub in Crickhowell in great pain and having a few pints was persuaded to go to Neville hall [ a Saturday night] ... in under 2 hours I was back in the pub in plaster but still in pain so rather than sleep in a tent a mate took me back HOME .... 4 years later drove to Neville hall hospital with a mate took 45 mins [ BRI was very busy ] WAS SEEN AND TREATED in less than 2 HOURS for a broken collar bone. Journey home was also about 45 mins to an hour..... brilliant hospital ...

19. realred1952

paracetamols 64 for 80p in Tesco!

20. AshtonRed

Exactly, it’s not difficult to prevent prescriptions from being made out for items that cost less over the counter.