1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your team for the Champions League final

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BillJones1981, May 13, 2012.

1. BillJones1981

BillJones1981 Member

First of all good luck next week and bring that trophy back to england where it belongs <ok> hope you do it and will be cheering you all the way.
    Secondly just thought i'd get your thoughts on what you think the team should and will be.

I notice you play in a 4-2-3-1 and i personally think you should line-up like this if everyone is fit

Cech
    Bosingwa Luiz Cahill Cole
    Lampard Mikel
    Torres Mata Kalou
    Drogba

I've only seen Torres play in the wing position once ( vs man united in the 3-3 draw ) when he put a lovely cross into Mata to score a good goal. Torres is also good at crossing / cutting inside so would be a good shout for you imo. I would of selected Ramirez but obviously he is banned and that doesn't leave you with many other options apart from Sturridge who is selfish and Malouda who is awful in my opinion.

2. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

Bill --thanks for your support!! Please God Luiz and Cahill make the team, but its looking unlikely! Torres and Drogs have never gelled in the same line up and if they ever do I dont think a game like the CL final is for experimenting! So I'd go for Drogs and dare I say it Malouda!

3. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

If we don't have Cahill and Luiz I think we will play Essien and Mikel in front of the back 4.If 1 of them is fit,most likely Luiz,then he should play alongside Hutchinson. If neither is fit and Hutchinson is ineligible then god only knows.
    I am confused about Hutchinson. He is not listed on Uefa's website as being in out squad but it was in one of the papers that he can play.

4. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Playing Essien would be a disaster...

5. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

I would prefer Romeu but just don't see him getting the nod ahead of Essien should we need to play 2 defensive midfielders. If Essien is tasked with staying put and not passing the half way line we might be ok!!!!!!

6. luckywerthers

luckywerthers Active Member

romeu would be far far better than essien in my opinion, young talented and fresh against old talented but tired !! also i think that we have to live with the fact that malouda is going to start, he is cr*p but maybe just maybe he has one good game left in him

7. BillJones1981

BillJones1981 Member

Hmm i know what you mean about them not gelling in the same line-up but i do remember one game you play i think it was vs Wolves where someone passed it to drogba, drogba whipped it in to torres, torres volleyed it and it hit the post and then it went in off Mata or Lampard can't remember which one. So if it wern't for a bit of bad luck with the post then that stat about them not scoring while both on the pitch together would have been broken.

The way i see it is you have one shot at winning the biggest trophy in club football and you might as well go for it and i'd much rather have a player on the pitch that can create/score/assist/do something special out of nothing ( torres ) than someone who won't do anything ( malouda ). Look at the liverpool game, Torres had no service yet still hit the crossbar out of nothing

8. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Cech

Bos
    Luiz
    Cahill
    Cole

Mikel
    Lampard

Kalou
    Mata
    Malouda

Drogs

If Cahill isn't available:

Cech

Bosingwa
    Essien/Mikel/Ferreira(?)
    Luiz
    Cole

Mikel
    Lamps

Kalou
    Mata
    Malouda

Drogs

9. BillJones1981

BillJones1981 Member

Looks like Di Matteo agrees with me, judging by your line-up today it indicates Torres will start the cl final as Malouda and Sturridge both playing and Torres rested

10. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Can't see it tbh, I think he just wanted to give Lukaku a chance as he indicated in his conference he was going to play a couple of the young lads. We need people who can track back aswell and be potent going forward! Torres is only the latter

11. Highland Gunner

From an arsenal fan, good luck in the champions league hope you get it

12. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Nice one, well done on finishing above that manky mob <cheers>

13. AlphaCanine

AlphaCanine Member

My team for the Champions League final:

GK: Cech

RB: Bosingwa
    CB: Cahill
    CB: David Luiz
    LB: Cole

CM: Mikel
    CM: Lampard
    RAM: Sturridge
    CAM: Mata
    LAM: Kalou

ST: Drogba

14. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

The way it's going it could be Drogs at cb and Torres upfront.

15. Purley

Purley Well-Known Member

If cahill isn't fit i would put boswinga in CB, he seems like a totally different player in that position :laugh: