1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your suggestions for Sky's Presentation team.

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Kyle?, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

As we all know, Mr Murdochs evil empire now has control of the F1 next year. So who do you think they will get in to present it and commentate. Rumour has it Mark Blundell is in the frame for a pundit role, and somebody called Georgie Thompson is tipped to be the front runner for the Anchor role. Who do you guys think they will, or should, get in to do at least half as good a job as the BBC currently do.

2. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

Oh great some silly blond **** that doesn't know anything about F1.

Yeah! Some really big innovation Sky, be the easiest cold turkey ever lol...

3. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

I agree with you silver. This is going to be a horror show. I just hope that they borrow MB and DC from the BBC for the commentary. I can ignore the build up to the race then. By the way, love the anger, have some REP.

4. Delete Me

Thank you, have some your self ;)

5. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Forgot about Ted. They should borrow him too, that would also improve coverage. Nice to have him back this weekend.

6. McFerrari

McFerrari Member

Sky are ****ing awful when it comes to presenters. With the female presenters it's all about how they look and not how they present, and giving bait for the likes of Andy Gray and Richard Keys to harrass them! To some of you that may not be a bad thing but when you've had such professional presenters in the past as Jim Rosenthal (the best in my opinion), Steve Rider and Jake Humphrey rolling out the eye candy seems like a relegation to OK! magazine level.

Mark Blundell as a pundit isn't great by any means but he's likeable and did a decent job on ITV especially as the sole pundit and in features with old friend Martin Brundle.

I'd hate it if Martin Brundle went down to the lows of Sky. Remember this is SKY! The same company that employs that air headed dunce Jamie Redknapp and runs a show called Soccer Saturday which is basically watching a bunch of giggling hyenas with learning difficulties for 6 hours.

7. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

It's the sky way though isn't it. Get an attractive blonde to present something, and hope the viewers roll in. Now i know a lot of girls who watch F1, so sky do have to alter their methods somewhat, especially with more females getting into the sport.

8. Delete Me

Monisha Kaltenborn is the kind of woman Sky should be looking at, highly educated and respected on the grid.

Like I said before not some blond **** that goes out with a ****ing midget called Dec...

You want ratings Sky? Spend a few billion bringing back James Hunt from the dead.

9. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

May I suggest they just relay the BBC production, with the BBC being allowed to play it (with a 1 minute delay so its not live) on BBC 2?

10. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Great idea, but it would never happen. It would still cost the BBC a lot of cash, and remember, the director general hates F1. I find it funny that the two big victims of spending cuts are F1 and Top Gear, my two favourite things on TV.

11. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

I can't see them breaking their current trend. We all know the presenter will be useless, the commenatry will be woeful, and they'll find a way to smuggle in adverts. I watch the NFL, and they have an ad break after every play. That's what i see happening to F1.

BRING BACK LEGARD!!!

12. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Oh god, i've just realised. No Fleetwood mac either. Love the chain.

13. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

Melinda Messenger, Jordan and Andy Gray for the grid walk since the grid girl at spot number 3 will be required to be topless for Sky covered events.

14. Sportydan

Sportydan Active Member

So as the lead for the race tightens up, i would like to take this oppurtunity to tell you about Michelin's new tires. ''Vettel comes in for a new pair of Pirelli super softs''.

15. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

I'm not the least bit interested.

I have cancelled my subscription to Sky and will not watch a single minute of their coverage. As far as I'm concerned, I hope their whole sordid empire comes crumbling down and that their source of revenue is cut off by others cancelling their contracts and no loyal sports fans signing up to their own extortion.

Murdoch and his powerful organisation is forcing you to pay through the nose for your own problems that he is giving you. It is akin to the Jews having to pay for their last train ticket…

Don't be foolish. Do not get on the train! If you do, your fate is sealed and it makes everything more difficult for everyone else, since it raises his power to keep doing it!

Back out now!

16. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Haha. Have some rep, o wise one.

17. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

I have to watch it. I'm seeriously addicted to F1, and having to not watch while theres a race on will cause me pain. Take canada this year, the bbc went down in my area, so i had to waste my internet streaming the video.

18. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I don't care who will be presenting it on Sky as I won't be watching it, whoever gets Sky just because they got F1 needs to have a good look at themselves.

19. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

How can you call yourself an F1 fan, if you're not going to watch it? I make it a point to watch every single practive session, of every single race, even if it's in a country with a major time difference, and requires me getting up at 2AM

20. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

I'm pleased you've changed your signature, Cowboy. At least you don't look like a hypocrite now.

P.S. I really do hope Sky does what you previously suggested…