1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your season in the Premier League...

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Hugh Briss, May 31, 2011.

1. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

It is my opinion that you will get horribly battered in the coming season - not on the same scale as Sunderland or Swindon but hopefully somewhere near! <laugh>...

You fear the same thing, don't you boyo's!?

Just kidding, well done on your promotion and enjoy the riches that will come your way...:emoticon-0103-cool:

2. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Joker! Stop scaring the new boys and get back in your cell!

3. swainseye

swainseye Member

JoKeR, are you marbles on another (unnamed) forum?

4. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

No.

5. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

if Monk and Tate are CB's yes a battering we will receive

6. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Why have you suddenly decided you don't like Monk and Tate?

7. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

Because anyone who has watched the Swans should know they are definitely not up to Prem level. Not a chance in hell. If Rodgers puts sentiment ahead of that we will lose horribly on a regular basis.

Btw, I've met the guy and he is definitely not sentimental.

8. Libertyswan

Libertyswan Well-Known Member

Our centre back pairing of Williams and Caulker will probably be the one Brendan will pick, Monk and Tate will be good back up players if and when needed.

If we get Routledge from Newcastle and Taylor goes in exchange then we'll need another left back probably Ryan Bertrand on loan from Chelsea. All ifs and buts at the moment but at least we've one new decent keeper now and have Rangel definitely signed up at right back.

9. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

monk and tate are legends. you will never see any true swans supporters ever disrespecting them....idiot...

10. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

its not disrespecting them to question whether they are good enough to play in the premier league, they may be legends dai, but past feats are not going to help put a challenge in next season.

11. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

you are disrespecting then by saying they are not good enough......how do you know????? you dont thats the answer....!!

12. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

so we are supposed to bury our heads in the sand just in case we are disrespecting them? Something I see you fail to do with Jenkins, you are a hypocrite in this Dai !

13. FieryJack

FieryJack Member

Got a lot of respect for Tate and Monk, the latter being from my home town and all...but they were struggling to manage in the Championship, especially Tate, who has been "iffy" for a good few seasons.

Every time a decent right winger ran at him, he'd retreat without challenging, all the way, sometimes, from the halfway line to his own penalty box. He was exposed over and over by Reading's right winger at the Wembley play off final.

No way can this pair hack it in the Prem, fine and loyal servants of the club though they have been.

14. jackdan

jackdan Member

Tate and Monk have been brilliant servants for the club but I think only Monk would be able to cut it in the premiership at a push due to his outstanding ability to read the game but I can imagine against the speed and skill of some of the premiership strikers he may struggle and get caught out. Tate showed on a couple of occasions last season that if you put him against pace he backs off too much and that will cost us more this season than it did last season! Think both will provide great cover and depth next season should neither of them be sold but cant imagine they would start

I maybe and to a degree I hope I am wrong and that they both turn out to be premiership stars but reality is if they were they would have been playing there a before now!

15. Doey

Doey Member

Every season we seem to say someone or some players won't make the step up. I don't know Tate and/or Monk personally, but i'd put money on the fact they've been thinking about the step up over the summer and have been working over the off season to be at their best this season.

16. Doey

Doey Member

And I fully understand and agree with the points of Tate being exposed at LB, but my answer to that would be: Let's sort out the position and have enough cover that we never have to see Tate in that position again!

17. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting to see Tate or Monk on the pitch for the big games, maybe against the bottom half of the Premier league table though!.................
    please log in to view this image

18. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

I expect to see Tate play against a team that falls back when they lose the ball & he can gain center half by carrying it there after a few fake passes . Tate great at it !!

19. Millpond Swan

Millpond Swan Member

Simple this one really Ash/Caulker to start and Monk/Tate as cover and who knows we might get another CB who would push them further down the pecking order.

20. CopperQuarterJack

Im sure Tate provided the two passes which led to the Two penalties in the Play off final? Tate has improved over the last few years and I think will be a good squad player next year.

I dont understand how we can all say they would struggle next year when we havent even played a premiership match yet!