1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your medical health records.

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by A.L.D.O 4.1, May 31, 2021.

1. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

Do you folks know that from the end of June anybody will be able to pay for a copy of your health records?

This applies only England.

aberdude and luvgonzo like this.
  2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

That's not a very nice thing to allow, there will be people with cock rot and they would rather their employer not know.

Archers Road likes this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

I can see my health records online mate for free. Tell's me all my present and past prescriptions going back decades, all my jabs, all ailments, from significant to lessor categories. Can even book an appointment and order repeat prescriptions to go straight to chemist.

I know some stuff is witheld, but you get a general overall picture. You can also access it from the NHS app.

Also it tells you if your information has been shared, which is the important bit concerning your OP. Also companies/employers can already make you sign a document so they can contact your doctor and receive information.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  4. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I can see a lot of people are going to get excited by this and there will be opt-outs but I won’t bother for two reasons — the first is that analysis of mass data does offer the opportunity for more effective national health treatment based on more accurate analysis and the second is that some of the best analytical opportunities are going to come at the interface between the NHS and private enterprise so that bringing responsible private enterprise into the game is perfectly rational. There is one other consideration which won’t be shared by others. I am often puzzled by the psychology of privacy when, in a modern tolerant society (one bending over backwards in this respect), there are very few things that really harm a person by being revealed. In fact, not a lot is being revealed in practice that can be linked to a person and the Government does seem mindful of basic protections — the Information Commissioner is not a bad check on excesses and errors will result in later controls and regulation. The wider public interest seems to be for state use of big health data and its sharing with trusted partners. It’s probably less risky than being on Facebook.

PINKIE likes this.
  5. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have had to come clean and tell my Mrs I used to be a woman as she wanted to see mine.

Archers Road and luvgonzo like this.
  6. Quesadaad

Quesadaad Well-Known Member

CEF655B4-A4CE-4368-BC00-545DBB1B7257.gif

Munson owns Fosse, Welshie and Saf like this.
  7. Saf

Only a supersensitive Jock would think this is a big deal.

your name or where you live will not be included in the data collection.

Any other data that could directly identify you, for example your NHS number, General Practice Local Patient Number, full postcode and date of birth, will be replaced with unique codes which are produced by de-identification software before the data is shared with NHS Digital.

from a healthcare provider’s point of view, there are positives to the data sharing initiative “as it allows for better planning of healthcare services and can help to provide seamless care.”

He said: “Analysing data that is to be made available can also help to reduce inefficiencies within healthcare services, ultimately with the end goal of improving patient outcomes.”

PINKIE, Welshie and Quesadaad like this.
  8. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Non Privacy and capitalism= nazism

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I was expecting more STD jokes tbh.

10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Those who purchase the data will be able to ask for individual records to be identified if they have a reason to, which is undefined.

remembercolinlee likes this.

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

You’ve lifted that directly from a newspaper reply section lol.

BobbyD, aberdude and Saf like this.
  12. Saf

I thought that would have been obvious lol, I'll make it clear next time <ok>

Tobes likes this.
  13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I’m not having this btw. Selling our data and opening it up to all sorts of potential misuse not to mention exponentially increasing the chances of it being compromised, is something I’m not comfortable with as a principle & given who’s orchestrated it, that makes it even worse. I wouldn’t trust Hancock to run a ****ing whelk stall & I most definitely don’t trust their motives.

I’m out.

aberdude, luvgonzo and pieguts like this.
  14. A.L.D.O 4.1

Just you keep plodding on like the little lemming you are. When you fall of the cliff mind and say thank you on the way down.

This Jock isn't at all worried because it ain't happening in Jockland ya thick Geordie fannyrag.

:emoticon-0136-giggl

15. A.L.D.O 4.1

Companies can't make you sign anything. They can ask you to sign but it's your choice If you do or not.

Tobes and brb like this.
  16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

There is an opt out btw. An opt out that they’ve not openly publicised as they’ve slid this in, which makes me doubt their motives even more. The opt out is available until the 23rd June.

brb likes this.
  17. brb

brb CR250

Yeah wrong use of word on my part, but if you don't sign it, then it don't make for a good relationship between you and your employer is how I think of it. Especially if you are wanting favourable understanding for time off during ops and periods of recovery. I've signed them a few times in my life, but I could never tell you if they did get the information or not. I only ever refused once, and that was after I'd already signed a form previously for them, and I said you should already know my medical conditions and as it wasn't requested as an 'update' so I declined.

18. brb

brb CR250

I think I might have seen this on the NHS app, can't remember how I responded to it, ie tickbox, yes or no. I will have a look.

19. brb

brb CR250

Yup, just found it on the NHS app, you can either yes allow, or no not allow for sharing of your information for research and planning. When I went through the pages it had me down as sharing, so I changed it to not sharing. It also allows you to change it to sharing again.

Tobes likes this.
  20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Fannyrag isn't used often enough.

A.L.D.O 4.1 likes this.