1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your JINX Prediction For Tomorrow's Game

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, Feb 22, 2013.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I don't know about you but most of the time when I make an honest prediction about the result of our next game I get it completely wrong! So how about we make a wild prediction in the hope that it doesn't happen! Our predictions often turn out to be a complete jinx on the team and the result so here's my prediction for tomorrow.

I predict that tomorrow Lee Martin will run with the ball for 40 yards and finally score a goal unfortunately in his own net! We have 2 goals chalked off for the ball not crossing the line when in fact TV replays prove that they were both a good 6 feet over the line! We are in to the final seconds of stoppage time when Tommy Smith powers in a header from a corner only for the ref to rule it out as he has blown the final whistle.

Final Score Huddersfield 1 Ipswich 0

All the other teams around us all win their games by 6-0 margins!

Come on boys time to put your imaginations to good use!

2. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

<laugh>

All of the above could possibly happen, except Martin going on a 40 yard run and scoring (in whichever net)! <ok>

3. Mighty Horse

Mighty Horse Member

How about N'daw passing to a team mate, then any of our team getting a red card.

4. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Given all the sounds coming out of the club atm, I'm thinking it'll be 0-0!!

I have to say reading the Evening Star and TWTD today has made me thoroughly depressed, I hate negative football, although I geuss it could be seen as a necessary evil in the current circumstances!!

5. itfcptc

Or one of our strikers other than Chopra getting into the penalty box with the ball (not from a set piece), that would be nice

6. johnnywarksmoustache

<laugh>

I think you have misunderstood the theme of this thread mate!

7. itfcptc

sorry I didn't read your long winded post, I know how you all feel now :smile:

8. johnnywarksmoustache

You just never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from! <ok>

9. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I predict that D'diaw will put in a 'Pirlo' like performance keeping us ticking with raking passes all over the park with 100% pass completion, Stearman will be inspired and play like Cafu after a gallon of red bull and charge up and down that right hand side like a Goliath smashing everyone in his path, he'll put in some sterling deliveries into the box where McGoldrick will be stood ready to pounce in the 6 yard box to score a hatrick of poachers goals ala Van Nistelrooy and Lee Martin, well Lee Martin will take on his man and then have a shot that hit's the target.

A 3-2 win after Edwards losing all sense of direction due to Stearman's heroics put's only two crosses in all match but manages to make them two exceptional crosses into our own box where Theo Robinson and Vaughan tap it in whilst Henderson is stood by his post on the phone to his agent.

10. johnnywarksmoustache

<laugh><laugh> Superb KOPR <ok>

I love the bit about Henderson especially!

11. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

OK, so it's going to be 4-2 to Town.
    The first goal will be a simple tap in by Mcgoldrick, who only happened to be in the area because he'd stopped to tie his boot lace when the sweetest through ball you've ever seen is played by N'Daw and it ricochets off the knee that David has on the ground and into the net. The second will come from a Lee Martin corner that hits the first man and loops over the 'keeper with nobody else touching it. Huddersfield then execute a killer move from back to front which cumulates in a ping pong session in our box. But where is Henderson? At that exact time he'd decided to go and have a word with the Huddersfield manager about a possible loan move but it didn't work out and as he was ambling back towards goal the ball dribbles over the line.
    Our third goal is a peach, Edwards drives down the right, beats his man, ghosts inside and then delicately chips the goalkeeper. Huddersfield reply with a Jordan Rhodes goal, don't ask me how, I just know it's bound to happen.
    The fourth goal and final action of the match comes when a superb strike from Hyam is pushed out by the 'keeper, only to land at the feet of Andy D'urso who inexplicably has a strange muscle spasm in his leg and his foot flicks forward and kicks the ball, finding the top right corner of the goal. He then runs toward the Ipswich fans and lifts his black shirt to reveal a plain white shirt with the words 'I don't hate you really" on.

12. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

As the teams come out amidst a ruptuous applause, the wind and rain howling down, Lee Martin is tackled by a rogue sprout coming out of the potato patch of a playing surface, he twists his ankle and has to be replaced by the towering Nouble to a raptuous applause by the lonesome faithful Ipswich fan before the game even gets under way.
    The game eventually starts, albeit 15 mins late, where the away side play very 1970&#8217;s brazil-esque. The ball travelling with speed, and efficiency between Chambers, then Henderson all the way to the home goalkeeper, who then under the influence of a laser being shone in his eye aims a wild air shot as the ball agonisingly bobbles over the line and into the net &#8211; 1-0 Ipswich, with the goal credited to Henderson. The wind is now firmly behind the visiting team (as it howls from the A62). Ipswich are now playing with style, like we&#8217;ve never seen from them since the glory days of 1980. They are making a mockery of the potato patch, pinging the ball from left to right. JET, who is making a rare start, is dancing and tricking his way past the hapless Huddersfield defence..he shimmies past one player, he skips past another as he bears menacingly towards the Huddersfield penalty box, as he pulls the trigger to shoot, a wayward leg appears from behind and his legs are swiped away and brought down..PENALTY!!
    Up pops Chopra, he shoots, he scores&#8230;he runs to the travelling support, kissing the shire horse on his chest, when he then whips his top off to reveal a t-shirt with the words..&#8221;I had a bet on myself to score at anytime &#8211; 3/1&#8221; Where the referee then books him for ungentlemanly behaviour.
    As the game progresses, Huddersfield can&#8217;t get anywhere near the blues &#8211; they are struggling, and are spiralling out of the championship.
    The HT whistle blows.
    The 2nd half mirrors the first, Brazil, playing in an unfamiliar Marcus Evans Blue shirt are showing the home team how to play football.
    As the 70th minute approaches, a load bang can be heard from the stadium canteen &#8211; the kettle blows up and smoke pours out of the stadium onto the pitch. There is so much smoke that, due to health and safety regulations, the referee has no option but to pull the players off the pitch. 5, 10, 20 mins pass and still no announcement. A loud chorus of boos and whistles can be heard from the visiting supporters, which is drowned out by the home support cheering. The ref then emerges from a sea of smoke, and then collapses with an asthma attack. The st johns men and women run out to give him mouth to mouth, fortunately he recovers in time to signal that the game is abandoned. More boos from the away support!
    As we leave the ground in disgust at what should&#8217;ve been a memorable 3 points, we walk through the town centre, where a certain Michael Chopra can be seen arguing with a William Hill employee..profanities are heard from the Ipswich player, where he is also heard arguing that &#8220;it doesn&#8217;t matter that the game was abandoned, I scored &#8211; I want my money, and put it in this sack!&#8221;

13. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I take it that the loud chorus of boos and whistles were made by the single fan then stretchy <laugh>

14. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Don't be so pedantic SD, doesn't suit ya ;-)

15. johnnywarksmoustache

Yeah he's called Deleted User.... <whistle>

16. johnnywarksmoustache

WOW Stretchy my boy... You're really out there aren't you! <ok>

17. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

But pedantic is one of my favourite words, I love to use it whenever I can just to see the puzzled expression on most peoples faces who don't know what it means.
    It was a good read though stretchy <ok>