1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your advice would be much appreciated

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by dame, May 29, 2011.

1. dame

dame Member

Ive got an interview on Mon morning for a supervisor role at work, the problem is having never been in a position where i have had much authority i havnt got a clue what to say. Theres another person in my team whos acting like shes already got the job, and to be honest shes a total bitch, but the fact she makes the company cash means shes favourite for the position. I know this isnt about football but any advice would be welcome.

2. THe Mighty Huth Rocks

So you are going in work on a bank holiday?

Wait (outside, protecting the entrance to your building)for said person to arrive, then say i've been waiting here for 20 mins, rattle the door, then say, oh they must have got the dates mixed up, today is a bank holiday.

I will see you 2moz, shake hands & say best of luck, wait for said person to leave, then enter building for your interview.

Hope that helps.

PS Good Luck

3. Norfolkstokie

Norfolkstokie Member

Or lock her up in the cleaning cupboard till you're all done and dusted!.

4. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Just apply for the Vacant manager's job at Chelsea instead. You might only last one season but, the wages must be more than a supervisor gets. <doh>

Seriously Dame,
    Just go in there, shake em by the hand, whilst looking each one in the eye and knock em dead. Just be yourself and be CONFIDENT even if you know yourself you are talking absolute Bull****

Face beats scholorship everytime.

5. Conroylegend

Conroylegend Member

Just give your best performance .Confidence, Enthusiasm,and most of all be your self.

I remember one question at a interview and was asked which person do you most admire and my answer was Stanley Matthews.I never got the job but at least i was honest .

Don't mention how many games you go to Companies are looking for total commitment.

6. dame

dame Member

cheers fellas, i'll let you all know what happens. If all goes to plan i'll be able to afford a box at the Brit for a game, early birthday treat to celebrate i reckon

7. TheRealPotterJub

Hey dame <ok>

Been off the forum for a while, but am back now! Any news?

8. Have recently moved and been off the forum with the time they take to install internet again!

Hope all went well for you!

9. dame

dame Member

Unfortunately i didnt get the job, i did get feedback though, basiclly im not ready for the position yet so need to be trained up etc. On the plus side though, the company have decided to pay for me to study an NVQ, its a free qualification but it ties me to the company for a lil while longer which isnt really a bad thing considering how baron it is for work nowadays. Cheers for the good luck messages tho :D