1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youngsters released

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Old news already mate.

I wonder how we are ever going to get the production line started if we don't use our academy lads, or at least get them out on loan. Hopefully it was just a bad batch of lads who just aren't going to make the grade and there is better to come.

3. Westlake33

Fair enough, thought we may aswell comment on it though and get some thoughts.

I think the players have to do more personally. The U20s are getting hammered for fun week in week out, with Mick saying he wants players to follow Mings/ Marriott's commitment etc.

We seem very happy to loan players our if clubs come in.

Vaseli for the first month at Bury was apparently like a duck out of water, and a bit of a liability!

Heard so very little about Doherty's progess this season, though I gather he's gone back to Ireland on loan. Perhaps that will help.

Delighted we have Klug back too. Any news on us going Cat 1? Haven't heard much on this for a while.

Seems an absolute shame there appears not one youngster ( excluding Marriott ) remotely near ready for the first team.

4. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thoroughly enjoyed reading David October's interview.. very refreshing and great to see someone looking at the bigger picture and not just his next 10 years as a footballer. I am in the performance sport industry and America's collegiate system is a fantastic way to get a top class education (for free) alongside some of the best athlete support in the world... so all the best of luck to him and I'm sure he'll be a success in whatever he does

I was a little surprised about Jordan Adekunle though.. we only signed him last summer and given amount of times his name popped up during the brief glances over the U21 match reports, I thought he was doing alright.. or enough to give himself another year but I suppose we move on and focus on some other athletes with considered higher potential <ok>

5. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

My own POV is that we wont see much coming through from the reserves for another 2 or 3 years. Basically after Klug has been in charges of them throughout their mid teens. We basically gave up on youngsters for a period and that wont be reversed instantly. There may be the odd one within this time period but I cant see a production line.

6. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I hear that Dozzell jnr is looking a great prospect....

7. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Weighty, i have heard good things about him also. Soundd like Spurs have been sniffing around, hopefully his old man will think that town is the best place to be at the moment, although not sure that is true!!

8. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I'd heard Timlin and Winter were quite highly rated or was that just my imagination??

Too many players over the past few years who've shown early promise and come to nothing, they seem to say our (UK) youngsters are not getting coached enough but for me it's the age between 18-23 that our players aren't getting enough first team football at their own club (not on loan), players aren't very often going to step up if they're not given a chance. I mean would players like Matt Richards and Ian Westlake really have got a chance with us over the past few years? I doubt it, they would've been released like many others as they weren't the most talented but they did a pretty decent job for us in a promotion chasing team!!

9. Westlake33

Ed Upson is one that irritated me. I thought he'd have a decent future/career, good player.