1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

You guys have no sense of humour.

Discussion in 'Preston' started by robin_van_ fiberglass, May 9, 2011.

1. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

The jape which saw a plane fly over Deepdale to taunt Preston North End's fans about their relegation from the Championship is to be investigated by the Civil Aviation Authority.

The Blackpool supporters' stunt is to be examined to determine whether the low-flying plane breached regulations. The aircraft trailed two banners over the ground, reading: "Poor little Preston enjoy League One" and "We are superior love Blackpool FC."

After the match, North End's manager, Phil Brown, said the mockery was "distasteful" and "if I had a gun I would have shot the plane down". A spokesman for the CAA told the Lancashire Evening Post: "Rules about flying aircraft over built-up areas are very clear, and we are investigating whether any infringements were committed. An aircraft cannot fly over a built up area below 1,000ft. We are currently looking at the pictures to make an assessment.

"Our legal enforcement team will look into it, and if an infringement is believed to have been made, the issue will be taken up through the courts and the pilot behind it could be prosecuted."

The prank was believed to be revenge for one played on the Seasiders' last year. North End fans hung a banner on a bridge on the M55, saying "forever in our shadow" when Blackpool travelled to Wembley for their Championship play-off final match against Cardiff.

2. lilywhite forever

I think you'll find that most of us took it in good humour, as was intended, as most of the Blackpool fans did last year. You only hear from the ones that were upset, as they shout the loudest. It's swings and roundabouts, and our time will come :smile:

3. theflyingplumber

First off I have to admit it was funny and so does thousands of other PNE fans. It's football and it's banter the two go together and although some see it differently most have had a good laugh about it. <laugh><laugh><laugh>

I would also rank Brown's reaction in the same way (I would have shot it down). Both the incident and the reaction for me anyway are humorous. <laugh><laugh><laugh>

Incidently it is not PNE who have called for an investigation by the CAA nor their supporters. The CAA have reacted to what they have seen or read in the media. Bleakpoo are not the first to pull this stunt, Blackburn Rovers did similar with Burnley and you never know a plane might be flying over Bleakpoo by this time next week.

<peacedove>

Little bird flying high dropped it's sh*te from the sky, unlucky lasher walking by said "blimey good job Donkeys don't fly".. :emoticon-0107-sweat :emoticon-0142-happy

4. SouthLakes

SouthLakes New Member

i admit it, it was me who reported the pilot for low flying

5. theflyingplumber

SouthLakes..<ok>

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh> <cheers>