1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

You are a disgrace

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by RickieGoalMachine, Nov 25, 2012.

1. RickieGoalMachine

****ing disgraceful display from you fans today. You should be ashamed of yourselves. There is more to life than football. It is unforgivable how your fans behaved today.

2. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Yep blame every fan of one club about songs no more than 30 people sang, w*nker <doh>

DISCLAIMER: I am 100% against the chants that were sung today, disgrace to our club. But I will refuse to be put into the same group as those vile animals that were at WHL today.

3. RickieGoalMachine

4. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

The daily mail <laugh>, , but my point still stands you come on here and call the whole West Ham fan base a disgrace for chants a small group in the away following sang,
    But as you seem so clever by calling us all a disgrace, you probably think we all encourage those taunts aswell.

5. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

The Spurs fans bring a lot of it on themselves with their "Yid Army" banners and chants. Doesn't take a genius to forecast that a few morons are going to hop on that.

6. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why do you think the Yid Army stuff started? <doh>

7. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

There is no excuse for the chants, but I refuse to be put into the same group as them like the OP did

8. Swords Hoopster.

Don't give me the "reclaiming the name" crap. If a Club with Afro-Carribean roots had a section of fans (who weren't even black) holding banners with "N***** Army" on it, don't you think it would be a little bit unwise?

There's fu*k all Jews still supporting Spurs these days. These idots are inviting abuse, sick and all though it was.

9. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

It's not the same thing Swords, it's just not. Very few, if any, Jews get genuinely offended by the word. Most of the outcry against Spurs fans using it is either by those with a vested interest i.e. the 'Society of Black Lawyers'- good to see them lambasting every rap artist that sings the n word by the way- or people who just want to find a way to have a pop at Spurs.

As for there being **** all Jews supporting Spurs I have no idea where you've plucked that from. They are by far the most popular club amongst London and Essex Jews followed by Arsenal.

10. Swords Hoopster.

(1) Couldn't agree more. The SBL are nauseous to say the least. Rabble rousing at worst. Spurs fans shouldn't be accosted in any way, shape or form for their liberal use of the term whether on signs or in song. However, when fans do use such terms in such ways, they should expect a certain amount of sarcastic raillery back at them from rival supporters even if it is in very bad taste. We are talking about football fans after all, not croquet followers.

(2) I've no doubt Spurs are the most popular Club amongst London and Essex Jews but Jewry itself is such a small proportion of the population in the City and elsewhere that I'd estimate the total of Spurs' support to be less than 5% Jewish. In fact, I'd be quite certain that other Clubs around the Country have as big a percentage of Jewish followers as Spurs themselves.

11. CFC: Champs £launderx17

That five per cent certainly make themselves heard. There again look how tiny Israel is and the influence it has

12. Swords Hoopster.

Spot on. They have a disproportionate influence for their numbers.

13. thisismyengland

thisismyengland Active Member

You think? Here's a short list of Jews I know personally who absolutely hate the word: my wife, my father-in-law, my mother-in-law, my brother-in-law, my wife's stepfather, my wife's uncle. Basically, every Jew I've actually asked about the word Yid dislikes it when it's used by gentiles. In that context, all these people tell me it just comes across as a slur. I do keep meaning to ask the opinion of one couple I know who are both Jewish Spurs fans. The stock Spurs fans' explanation of how they've somehow "reclaimed" a pejorative turn is just dismal BS in my opinion.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I tried telling Spurs fans that on their board and got shouted down as a WUM <doh> Spurs fans have no legitimate claim to the word Yid and it's arrogant of them to assume that they can 'appropriate' it for themselves.

15. thisismyengland

Indeed - which is what prompted me to write this over at the QPR board:

16. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Jewish people and Black People have a history of persecution but its far easier for Jewish people to assimilate into British Society therefore it's understandable why the Jewish community are split on the use of the word.

I disagree with the idea that Spurs are to blame, I can't understand what it is with society today whereby the victims are always to blame. Much like the N-word with the black community the use of the word "Y*d" was a defence mechanism against Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham (and generally most clubs around the country) that racially slanted them with the term, that is the root cause of all this.

17. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

What's the problem with Jewish people anyway?It's only arabs who don't like them!West Ham must have a lot of arab supporters...........

18. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Can't think of anyone else?

19. thisismyengland

<doh>.....

20. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There is no "problem" with Jewish people at all but being the despicable race human beings generally are we have to create differences amongst ourselves to justify inequality and supremacy of the elite.

I can only think your comment is either a terrible WUM or blissfully ignorant. Maybe think back to events over the last 70-80 years across Europe to refresh your memory <doh>