1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Yeovil boss Terry Skiverton reveals Twitter scout network

Discussion in 'Yeovil' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Yeovil Town manager Terry Skiverton has called upon Glovers supporters to act as an online scouting network for the League One side.

Skiverton, aged 35, has invited his followers on social networking site Twitter to suggest players they have spotted that he ought to look at it.

The Glovers boss is also setting basic scouting tasks for his network - which he says come about because he cannot afford to put a traditional scouting team in place.

He told BBC Somerset: "It's not a bit of fun for me - it's serious business.

"I can't afford a scouting system. I've got 1,700 followers and out of that I've got quite a few names and there's been some interesting ones."

He continued: "There's been so many players who have come through and we are following a couple of those leads.

"There was one or two that I had glossed over, that I've come back to.

"I think it gives the supporters a bit of fun as well as I've had supporters go through non-league annuals, going out and watching games saying 'what about this player?'.

"I'd like to thank the supporters for adding a bit of amateur scouting, it's worked out really well for us."

Yeovil have lost six players so far this summer, but Skiverton wants fans to back him as he hunts out replacement over the coming weeks.

"I understand the frustration of some supporters," he said.

"Everyone is saying all our quality players are leaving but you've got to remember how these players came in. We didn't pay hundreds of thousands for them, they all came on trial.

"I've got my money to get players in on contract. They'll be one or two that will be coming in, and maybe one or two that we've had before.

"For me it's a case of concentrating on the contracted players first. I had people like Gavin Williams on loan last year and [Paul] Wotton and to have them on contract, it frees up a lot of space for us and I'm expecting us to be strong for the start of the season."

2. GloverHibee

GloverHibee New Member

It's not the fans backing he just needs..........the Board need to stump up some decent contract options for players otherwise more will go and replacements won't be found!!

3. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Good man! :cheesy: