1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Yedlin...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Tickler, May 22, 2016.

?

Would you sign Yedlin?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Yes as long as the fee was less than £4m

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. No

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Loan

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

With reports coming through from various sources, it would appear Yedlin would be interested in returning...

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...DeAndre_Yedlin___with_Sunderland_interested/?

“It’s definitely a door I would not close,” he said. “I would not mind going back, I had a great time there."
    “I’m keeping all doors open, I don’t want to shut any right now. Any opportunity that is offered to me is a big opportunity."
    “When you’re dealing with the Premier League, it’s still unbelievable to think that I’m playing in the Premier League. I don’t want to close any doors right now.”
    “My time at Sunderland has been unbelievable,” said Yedlin. “It’s my first run at Premier League soccer so I’m incredibly grateful for the opportunity."
    “Everybody at the club welcomed me in with open arms and the fans were amazing throughout the season, so I couldn’t have asked for a better club to start my time in England. I feel blessed to have had the chance to play for Sunderland."
    “I didn’t know what to expect when I first came up here. People had spoken about the club and the fans, but it’s been better than I could ever have wished for."
    “Even on the last day, when we were playing for nothing, the fans created an unbelievable atmosphere. The staff have treated me brilliantly and the players have a very tight-knit locker room, so it’s been an amazing experience from start to finish.”

Think it is fair to say he had a bit of a slow start but definitely has the pace and attacking side to his game and under Sam has made quite an improvement defensively...

I must admit I would certainly take him if the price were right!

Thoughts?

2. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Still unsure although yes, he did pick up at the end, which is why, for now, I'd go along with another loan period.

He's certainly saying all the right things though.

3. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Definitely don't want him now, the tit.

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Premier league soccer. Locker room

If the club can shift Jones and Mathews, he'd be ok for back up.

Charley Farley likes this.
  5. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

He did improve & I`d go with another loan. A couple of mill for a useful squad player possibly but remember it`s Levy we`re talking about.

I think we can do better and somebody with the same ability who can throw the bloody ball to our players would be a start.

Billy Death and salad fingers like this.
  6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

He does have a decent long throw on him to be fair although it always looks like a borderline foul throw to me.

I'd have him back for 4 mil or less, it seems like a fair amount for how good he is currently. If he can keep up his end of season form he's good enough to be playing in the premier league.

7. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

He definitely picked up towards the end of the season after Jones made a complete tit of himself, but i went for no. If he needs a run of games to find his feet, then he's not much good as a squad player.

grandpops likes this.
  8. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Seems a nice lad, grafter and always put in a shift.

However, if he's our first choice RB next season I'll be a tad disappointed.

If pay £3m tops for him as back up.

Charley Farley and grandpops like this.
  9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

£4million is about spot on.

I like the lad, like his heart and effort, but unquestionably he's still a way to go.

I think Ellis likes having a Yank here, Sam has faith in him, so I think we might ask about a deal.

He won't get past Walker or Trippier any time soon.

10. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Has anybody had a go at playing him as a winger? Maybe in the U-21's?

Relic suggested he might be better suited there, something me and him might actually agree on. Pace to burn but as a full back, he wouldn't fill me with confidence if I was Kone.

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Played there a bit for America I think, I'm not sure his touch is up to it to be honest, I'd prefer him developed where he is.

We should be throwing money at van der Wiel as first choice anyway, you don't shoot you don't score!

Makemstine Roger and TEL like this.
  12. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I'd have him. After working for a while with allardyce his defensive game picked up massively. (I mean massively as he was utter dogs hit when we signed him!)

Be decent to have on the books. Even if he does call it socc... I'll forgive him that as he's a sceptic..

13. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

He's a million times better than Jones. He was very good when he came into the side last 3rd of the season.

14. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

Better than jones and has shown he's improving and has potential, if he's cheap £3 - £4 million he'd be well worth having even if it was as cover if we find someone who is better as well. Wouldn't want to take him on loan again like as if he is good it'll just inflate his price tag

15. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

Same, I think his value could skyrocket personally. Have to remember the lad is very young, and last year was his first in the Prem. If he keeps improving at the current rate I honestly think £3m could look like a steal within a year or two. He has pace to burn and that's one thing that can't be taught.

The Relic and Charley Farley like this.