1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Yay, yet another guard of honour at West Brom

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, May 16, 2015.

1. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

According to the official website, we're getting another guard of honour for our away game at West Brom on Monday evening.......

"West Bromwich Albion boss Tony Pulis has confirmed his players will display the same respect as Liverpool last weekend towards the new champions of England."

It gets even better....

"And as we travel north for the last away trip of the season, the Blues are poised to beat two records held by Manchester United since the 1990s. Jose Mourinho’s side have now spent more consecutive days in pole position of the Premier League in a single season than any other side in the history of the competition.

The Blues returned to the summit by winning 6-3 at Everton on 30 August and have remained there ever since, totalling 262 days on Monday and 268 on 24 May, the last day of the campaign.

Previous record holders United led every day of 1993/94, from and including matchweek four on Monday 23 August until the end of the season on 8 May 1994. That was a total of 259 days in succession – three fewer than the Blues will have managed when the game at the Hawthorns kicks off.

With just two matches of the season remaining and only three defeats in all competitions recorded, Chelsea can also break the Red Devils’ record of five losses, the fewest by any Premier League team, which has stood since 1998/99." :1980_boogie_down:

StanDMan likes this.
  2. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

Am I the only one a bit...bored by being the champions???

God help me but I kind of long for the angsty benitez days getting tonked in Romania. At least we had something to moan about <laugh>

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

If you`re bored after a week, wait till you win three on the trott <whistle>

4. BITKOSB

BITKOSB Active Member

At least with LVG on the scene you'll never have to suffer such again. :biggrin:

I guess we'll just have to get used to the misery but thanks for the heads up.:emoticon-0140-rofl:
    Champions ( 1of 3)

StanDMan likes this.
  5. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

Guard of Honour though just makes me chuckle. I think it is a cool gesture but the name is a bit over dramatic, pure football hyperbole. It makes a sporting thing sound like surviving warriors returning from battle and does nothing to dispel the impression I get of football players all stuck up their own arses. How about some suggestions for re-naming it. I think Tribute to the Champions would be good, but I sure everybody could come up with better and some just plain evil :)

6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Can this be right?.

Surely the Invincibles and Jose's first title winners lost less than 5 games in all comps?

We only lost once in the league and league cup combined that year, lost once in the fa cup and surely only lost 1-2 games in the C.L that year??

7. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Not on the WUM but I got West brom to win 3-1 looks like it has a great chance with that sending off

8. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We had decent chances easily could have been 3-3 or 4-3 to us.
    3 mistakes from our team and 3 goals for them.
    Boaz always has blinder agaisnt us. Only team which has better keeper us back up. Boaz > Ben.

Petulance from Cesc. Diego showed his ugly side. Thank **** this is not a crucial game.
    But sad pattern is losing to TP teams under Jose. Might come back to bite next season.

Disappointed with Jose's team selection.
    Guess Jose misunderstood my post when I asked 442. I didn't expect Costa to start rather Remy & Brown. Ake should have started right back. John Square will be sold for cut price then.

Only positive LC. But poor kid has a loss record.

9. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Hopefully, we'll bounce back from this evening's disappointment and Sunderland will be in for a well deserved hammering at Stamford Bridge on Sunday. Being a vindictive type, I want vengeance for them beating us 1-2 last season and messing up our title hopes. Come on Jose, pick our strongest eleven for Sunday.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Dud game in every way, no disrespect to WBA. By the time Costa was booked ( wrongly for my money or at least book both players involved) we had 0 fouls for and something like 5 fouls against, which was ridiculous. Then Fabregas imploded. Add this to the petulant and poor performance of Costa, and our 2 marquee signings look well off the required standard.Excuses for Costa, none for Fabregas, who has faded as the season wore on.
    I thought only Luis of the back 4 looked like a player today, and Matic was head and shoulders our best. Hazard gets an A for effort and a Z for result. He wore the Olympic Flag into the 18 yrd area, as round in circles he went waiting for someone to head for the goals. Far too much is asked of him and the others need to pull up their socks. Loftus Cheek tried hard in an insipid team, and Ake was livlier the minute he came on. Cuardrado is a total dud, Remy so so.
    With bugger all at stake, I still expected more fight from us.
    My take on the team is this, though it's not the end of the season, it's close enough. To improve to CL standard we need a CD who can play the ball out , who is strong and quick. Zouma meets all requirements. We need a midfielder who drives forward quickly and more directly. There is not enough potency at the core of our attack. We need a striker we can trust, to put in and stay on for 90 mins and run at the goal, not down the sideline. Good as Costa is, he is looking too one dimensional, maybe because of the service.
    Lets hope next week Jose reminds the team the season has to end before they go on holidays, even though this team has earned it. And finally, please give the kids some decent game time, don't sit them on the bench until 10 mins to go, especially with the team playing like they are on Mogodon.

11. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

FFS Chelsea just 1 goal is all I wanted

12. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Costa the "thug" at it again. It's about time someone gave him a clout - lets see how hard he really is.

13. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

every cloud has a .. <laugh>

14. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Loftus-Cheek got 73 mins, Ake 20 mins.

However, the best way to give kids confidence is to put three debutants on in one go with 35 minutes to go when we are 3-0 down with ten men away from home. That'll learn em.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  15. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

tbh never seen Ake put a foot wrong ever.. still he cannot catch a minute of action all season is beyond me.

16. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

They certainly gave you a warm welcome!

17. BITKOSB

BITKOSB Active Member

We'll have to accept that all teams will raise their game vs the champions but don't worry, it's nothing you'll ever need to worry about.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

18. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

19. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

StanDMan likes this.
  20. CFC: Champs £launderx17

He injured his hamstring in November for Holland when he was just breaking into side and then went on loan to reading in March to get fitness back . Now he is fit again let's hope he gets more games