1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Yanks Out - £240 for West Stand Upper v Spuds

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Absolutely disgraceful, a ticket for that game v Spuds used to be about £90 for the West Stand Upper during the Abramovich era. Lowlife profiteering Yanks move in and now it’s £240!!!

remembercolinlee likes this.
  2. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Honeymoon period over already BB ?!!! <laugh>

3. Bristol Blue

…….the West Stand Upper is now known as ‘West View’ after some refurbishment. I’m sure that Abramovich paid for that refurbishment. To charge members £240 for tickets for that area is obscene.

remembercolinlee and Naas Blue like this.
  4. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Didn’t take long. Boehly can’t negotiate decent transfer prices, so the fans will pay. Hedge fund operators aren’t known for their generousity, looks like this mob want their profits before they start.

5. Bristol Blue

…..at time of writing, tickets for Spuds game in the Westview still on sale to members at £240 each. ………they’ve not sold out! No other tickets available for any other stand.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  6. Bristol Blue

I also think the British government have acted illegally by confiscating the club from Abramovich and forcing a sale to unscrupulous Yank tycoons.

The Ginger Marks and Diego like this.
  7. The Ginger Marks

Jeez bruv, how much is a season in the MH stand these days?

8. Bristol Blue

…..about what it was last year, massive waiting list for season tickets though. I’ve just got membership - not a season card - so it seems I’ll be fleeced by the Yank tycoons for match tickets. I usually buy tickets for the Mrs and I - I could have paid the £480 for the available Westview tickets but no way am I prepared to finance Yankee tycoons.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    Diego likes this.
  9. Chelsea Pensioner

Good move. The price of having American owners is well documented in PL clubs. Its not just ticket costs, it’s the total lack of understanding of the culture of the game, and the aggressive, greed driven attitude that dominates the US business persona. The relief of selling the Club is being replaced by the reality of what it means for supporters back pockets.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  10. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Just paid £132 for a season ticket level 5 and got a free home shirt thrown in. Non league football for me this year.

11. Bristol Blue

The club could have been sold to a group with Sebastian Coe involved. I’m not sure why the government gave the go ahead for Yank tycoons to buy the club.

12. Chelsea Pensioner

Me either, but that’s the way it is. Still better than Human Rights offenders and mass beheaders as owners.
    Early days yet, we just have to hope it all settles down and sorts itself out.
    Getting the Team sorted, trimming the unwanted players and defining our playing style is most urgent task.

13. Bristol Blue

……when there was a consortium led by Sebastian Coe - a known Chelsea supporter - I can’t understand why his consortium was not given priority to buy the club from Abramovich. Even my wife’s moaning now about the chat forum being closed on the Chelsea 5th Stand app. - seems all potential dissenting voices are being silenced.

14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Anyone for the premier all stars match

15. Chelsea Pensioner

What a plonker Bohely is !! Anyone for the European Super League ?? That will bring money to the “Pyramid” he keeps mentioning, whatever that is. Might be prudent for him to learn and understand the culture of Football, not just the rules, then in a few years he might make some sensible suggestions. Love his suggestion of setting up 4 4 3 as well, that would give us an extra man every game !!!!

Diego likes this.
  16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

To be fair to Boehly, Abramovich and Buck said Westview prices were introductory prices for 21/22 and would become semi-corporate prices in 22/3. The price plan was in place before Boehly.

That's why we all jumped at the chance for Westview tickets for CL games at £35 in 21.2

17. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

The "pyramid" is English football with PL at the top followed by the 3 EFL divisions then the National League then the other non league clubs though i doubt your septic knows what it is either .

18. CFC: Champs £launderx17

He probably means trickle down economics

Diego likes this.