1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wycombe Wanderers Vs The Gas News/Match Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Apr 23, 2014.

?

Final Score

Poll closed Apr 25, 2014.
  1. Wycombe Win

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Gas Win

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Score Draw

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Goalless Draw

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Other (you know what I mean)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wycombe Wanderers Vs Bristol Rovers, Adams Park, Wycombe, Sky Bet League 2, Saturday 26th April 2014, Kick Off 3:00pm

please log in to view this image
    Vs

Wycombe Wanderers Info

Nickname(s): The Chairboys, The Blues

Founded: 1887

Stadium Address: Adams Park, Hillbottom Road, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 4HJ

Year Ground Opened: 1990

Capacity: 10,284

Pitch Size: 115 x 75 yards

Main Telephone No: 01494 472 100

Fax No: 01494 527 633

Ticket Office: 01494 441 118

Home Kit Colours: Navy & Light Blue

Away Kit Colours: Gold & Orange

Home Shirt Sponsors: Samsung

Away Shirt Sponsors: FIFA 14

Kit Manufacturers: Kukri

Official Web Site: www.wycombewanderers.co.uk

Head To Head (Vs The Gas): http://www.bristolrovers-mad.co.uk/head_to_head/next/vs/match/index.shtml

Last Meeting

Bristol Rovers 0-1 Wycombe Wanderers - Saturday 19th October 2013

[video=youtube;WMXxQgbmbcE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMXxQgbmbcE[/video]​

2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I'm going for 1-1 its going to go down to the last game

3. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

going for a draw here, make it interesting last day of the season!

incadently, if Dagenham fancy doing us all a favour it would be nice <cheers>

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

a draw would make the final day interesting especially if northampton and exeter both lose.

but i think both teams must go for the win surely.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

After last Saturday's performance I'm going for a Bristol R win 2-1

6. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

1-1 for me. I think it will be a very nervy game and the result will reflect that.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

4-0 rovers. easy easy easy easy :)

[video=youtube;pWz2AyDD6Zc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWz2AyDD6Zc[/video]

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry Jack. I somehow mucked up the shared thread from our end. For now I've set up a skeleton thread with a link to your shared thread.

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<doh> women and computers hey ;) <whistle>

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Isn't it ironic

11. National N1

National N1 Active Member

7 - 0 wycombe

12. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

It's got 0-0 written all over this game. <yikes> Nervy Times indeed!

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

wycombe win 1-0 and then goes 3 points clear of rovers and have a better goal difference over rovers by 3 goals.

that means rovers will have to beat mansfield and torquay beat wycombe with rovers gaining 4 goals on goal difference say 2-0 to rovers and 2-0 to torquay. if it finishes same points and same goal difference, wycombe will finish above rovers on goals scored!

thankfully it aint just rovers and wycombe at the bottom. northampton, exeter and morecambe is involved as well.

anything can happen. just 2 more sleeps away!!!

14. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Gas News

Manager on this weekend's game.

Darrell Clarke wants his players to stay focused ahead of the crucial relegation fight against Wycombe on Saturday.

Despite the importance of the game, the manager wants his team to prepare well both physically and mentally for the game at Adams Park.

He said: &#8220;The mood is positive. Like everyone else at the football club the players were all disappointed and deflated on Monday afternoon, then at 5pm the results have gone for us and left the destiny still in our own hands.

&#8220;The importance of the game is there for all to see, but it is importance the players get their minds focused the right way. We are trying our best to retain League Two status.

&#8220;This is a massive game, but it is about striking a balance and not bigging it up too early, especially to my players.

&#8220;Wycombe are fighting for their lives like ourselves, but I think form goes out the window with games like this.

&#8220;We just have to take care of our own business. We cannot worry about what Wycombe are going through, or about other results, we have to look after ourselves.&#8221;

The manager is disappointed with the individual errors that have cost his team points this season.

He said: &#8220;For the time I have been in charge, the most disappointing thing for me has been the goals we have conceded, a lot of them have come down to individual mistakes.

&#8220;It doesn&#8217;t matter what sort of system you are playing if the goals come down to individual mistakes. We have to cut out individual mistakes and make sure people are doing their jobs right.

&#8220;I haven&#8217;t been able to change things, I haven&#8217;t been able to bring in players I want to bring in to the football club.

&#8220;Any manager will tell you &#8211; you want your own players. I want the balance of the squad to be right, I want players with more pace and more energy in the team, but for now it is up to these lads to earn the right to be in the squad.

&#8220;You have got to have rhino skin to be a football manager. I will take criticism on the chin and make sure I am in that dugout leading from the front.&#8221;

And the manager had more praise for the supporters. He said: &#8220;The fans have been magnificent, we would be top of the league if it was through our fans.

&#8220;I have never seen a set of fans like these, they have been absolutely tremendous, especially with what they have had to put up with over a good few years.&#8221;

15. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Over 5,000 tickets have now been sold for Saturday's Sky Bet League 2 game with Bristol Rovers (k.o 3pm).

Rovers are close to selling out their allocation and the game is ALL-TICKET for away fans, therefore no tickets will be available for away supporters to purchase on the day, so please do not travel without a ticket.

Keep spreading the word to help attract as many Chairboys and girls to the vital clash. Your support is more important than ever as Blues look to secure their Football League status.

Two ticket offers are available for the game with the fixture the final chance for season-ticket holders to use their guest tickets and bring a friend for just £5.

Every season-ticket holder was allocated three of these at the start of the campaign, and if you haven't taken advantage yet then call the ticket office on 01494 441118 and quote your customer number to redeem the extra ticket.

Two adults and two juniors can enjoy the match in the Family Stand for just £25!

Regular prices start from just £5 for juniors, £9 for young adults, £11 for seniors and £15 for adults. U7s can enjoy this and all league fixtures for FREE.

Tickets are no longer available to buy online and must be purchased by calling 01494 441118 or in person from the Information Centre at Adams Park.

Away tickets, which are for collection at Adams Park, will be available to pick up from the marquee, which is located far end of the lower tier car park

Under Football League regulations, any away fan caught in the home end will be ejected from the stadium and their name will be given to Bristol Police.

16. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Wycombe Fans

Saturday's crunch clash with Bristol Rovers is the final chance for season-ticket holders to use their guest tickets and bring a friend for a fiver.

Every season-ticket holder was allocated three of these at the start of the campaign, and if you haven't taken advantage yet then call the ticket office on 01494 441118 and quote your customer number to redeem the extra ticket.

Two adults and two juniors can enjoy the match in the Family Stand for just £25!

Regular prices start from just £5 for juniors, £9 for young adults, £11 for seniors and £15 for adults. U7s can enjoy this and all league fixtures for FREE.

Book by calling 01494 441118 or in person from the Information Centre at Adams Park.

17. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

[video=youtube;_Cipm4fDyZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cipm4fDyZo[/video]

[video=youtube;Rb_fBN7pHgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb_fBN7pHgk[/video]

18. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Bristol Rovers and Wycombe are only separated by goal difference towards the bottom of League Two and defeat would leave the Pirates with it all to do on the final day against Mansfield.

Chairboys boss Gareth Ainsworth, 40, could name himself in the matchday squad after injuries to Paris Cowan-Hall, Matt McClure and Dean Morgan.

Bristol Rovers will be without influential full-back Michael Smith.

Danny Woodards, Steven Gillespie and Chris Beardsley face fitness tests.

Wycombe manager Gareth Ainsworth told BBC Three Counties Radio:

"I don't like using the term 'must win' but it's a 'must not get beat' really, because we want to keep teams below us at this stage of the season, and to not get beat on Saturday will ensure Bristol stay below us.

"We have two winnable games left, and Saturday we'll be at home. It'll be a fantastic atmosphere and I believe we can get three points which will go a long way towards ensuring survival this season.

"We have to put [the defeat at] Fleetwood [on Monday] to bed now and concentrate on getting all three points against Bristol. This week has been all about that.

"There are still a few teams in the mix, and I think there's another twist to come and that hopefully we won't be involved in it. The spirit is always good here, we have good characters, and I'm looking to a few of the experienced lads to guide the young boys, to settle their nerves a little bit, because Saturday will be the biggest game of their careers so far."

Bristol Rovers manager Darrell Clarke told BBC Radio Bristol:

"The importance of the game is there for all to see but it's also important the players get their minds focused.

"They don't want to get too het up before the game as they'll waste a lot of energy.

"The players care, everybody cares, and we're trying our best to secure our League Two status.

"We now need to make sure the mind-set is right for Saturday."

19. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

[video=youtube;-XmhCgR3Trg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XmhCgR3Trg&list=UUR_EcVkERzNZuRiEpmmsRng[/video]

20. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

i guess a point each may keep you up. exeter away to scunny then away to hartlepool. do hope you both stay up, strawberry are relying on you 2 for 12 points next season, if . we were in L2. jelly on the plate, wibble wobble. expect a bid for matty h this summer.