1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wycombe Vs Gillingham Match Day Hub Game 2 of 46

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by HOADIE_BOI, Aug 19, 2012.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the all new and improved Match day Hub which is now the official place for Gillingham fans, I decided to update this so that you will know where to go and chat before and during the game.
    I always post this a few days before the match so you can start to create a debate before the game on what you think will happen in the upcoming game, you can post who you think should play in the game and why. In addition to that you may share with us what you think the team will be that plays as that may be different to the team which you think should play, if you think a certain player should not play you can share with us the reason why as it is good to know what the fans think about the team and why certain players should not be in the team if you want to tell us why.
    So all you need to do is post your starting 11 plus the 7 which you think will be on the bench, you may be correct or not but it don't matter as no points are awarded it is just for fun.
    If I am not at the game I will normally post updates about what is going on and the team which is playing, but when I go to games I write up a match report afterwards.
    You can post freely during and after the game sharing your opinion with us on the result and what you thought of the players who played. If you go to the game it would be great if you could write up a match day report telling up what you think of the result and what you rate each player out of 10 giving a reason why.
    This is open to both Gillingham fans and also the opposition, don't be afraid to post just because you are not a Gills fan if it is friendly banter that is allowed.
    Have fun and debate freely!

Just want to add aswell if you do any bets you can share with us what you think is the best bet, I do bets each week so I will share them with you if you want.

2. HOADIE_BOI

I think this will be tough as Wycombe should be up there with us
    I would go with this team

Nelson

Fish
    Essam
    Frampton
    Martin

Whelpdale (If available otherwise Allen)
    Lee
    Payne/Jackman
    Weston

Kedwell
    Strevens

Subs
    Forecast
    Flanagan
    Barrett
    Montrose
    Payne/Jackman
    Dack
    Burton

I would add Birchall but I think he may be loaned out soon
    This is the team which I would go with but I doubt it will be that I have a feeling it will be unchanged, the one main change I would want to make is Flanagan out as he did not impress me I personally think Essam is much better.
    I am not sure about the paring of Burton and Kedwell, I think they might get better together however it is not who I would choose I feel that Strevens and Kedwell will work better.

3. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

In Martins favourite formation he may go something like this
    ______________________________________Nelson______________________________________________

_________________Fish_______Flanagan_______________ Frampton _________ Martin_______________

_______________________________________Payne_________________________________________________

______________________Lee______________________________Jackman_______________________________

____________________________________Burton______________________________________________________

______________________Kedwell________________________Weston____________________________________

4. brb

brb Guest

vinney - I thought Charlie Allen did well in the game against Bradford, also just watched the highlights again on Gills Player, as I previously thought on Hoadie's match thread, Charlie Allen was the player that did all the hard work to set up Dack's unlucky strike against the post.

Regardless of soft or not, Framps was to blame for the Bradford penalty. So I'm still unsure of full team selection and formation but I would include Charlie Allen and replace Framps or Flanagan with Essam.

5. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

I can't see Martin putting Essam in in place of Frampton. If he's going to replace Frampton and i don't think he will it will be with Barrett. That seemed to be in Martins mind when he e was Interviewed on RK after the game

6. brb

brb Guest

Forgot about Barrett! I wonder what Flanagan would be like as left back, would that then allow Essam back in.

7. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

apparently ,according to MK Dons message boards, Flanagan can play anywhere across the back.

8. HOADIE_BOI

That would be good, but may seem harsh from one game but I don't rate Flanagan from that performance other than giving away the pen Frampton was good, he is not normally my favourite far from actually but I would play him still however I would be interested in seeing Barrett but with Essam, I think we will need to try a few things to see how different players work with regards to Allen I think he is a hard worker but if Whelpdale is available he would have to come in for him. The only other way Allen would get in my team is if Jackman played at left back but that is not the best option.

9. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

certainly like the sound of flanagan being able to play in any of the back four positions and would rather him play left or right back for us whilst we don't have a natural right/left back to come in, because we do look weak in these areas just like last season.
    hopefully connor essam would then get back into the mix which most of us know...connor can play at centre back easily and well in my eyes.

but like you say vinney, martin allen said in that interview, that when andy frampton is not playing well he'd look to bring adam barrett in because he's a natural captain and replacement, who can do the job well, but at the moment it's frampton who is holding his own and will stay there.

connor essam is only young i know, but i'd rather see him back in the mix sooner rather than later because we know he can play there well and he's impressed me and i'm sure most others last season with his performances on a whole.
    seems that callum davies though is more in favour at this moment in time to play within the first 16 team members...be it more a holding midfielder who's sitting in front of the defence...it would seem ?

10. HOADIE_BOI

I would keep Fish in the team at the moment as it looks like he is improving now but Flanagan could replace Martin at the moment the only change I would make at the back is Essam in for Flanagan but I can't see Mad dog doing that I feel if anyone comes in it will be Davies or Barrett hopefully I am wrong as I regard Essam as a key member of the team.

11. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

wasn't that what i already said :emoticon-0113-sleep

12. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah the lower part was about Davies but I have a feeling we may go with Barrett if Flanagan got dropped.

13. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

We all keep saying that Essam should start but he wasn't even on the bench Saturday, so maybe he's still carrying the knock he got at dover

14. Tom-Tom-Sat-Nav

I previously thought Frampton may not feature AS much this season hence the fact he had been dropped down in the numbers to No.12 (I'm very particular about that sort of thing) which was why I was surprised to see him start. Expect Essam, if he's not fully fit, to be brought back in slowly. But I don't think we'll ever see (unless it can't be helped) both Frampton and Barrett playing at centre-half together. Barrett has the experience necessary (as does Frampton) to play alongside a young centre back and help mentor him throughout, which I believe MA will want to achieve.

For tomorrow's game, I don't believe MA will want to change the team from Saturday, but may feel he has to in order to keep things fresh. We certainly have options all over the park. This is the team I would like to see:-

Nelson

Fish
    Flanagan
    Barrett
    Martin (not to say I rate him...)

Lee
    Payne
    Jackman
    Weston

Strevens
    Kedwell

SUBS
    Forecast
    Essam
    Frampton
    Montrose
    Dack
    Whelpdale/Allen (depending on the former's fitness)
    Burton

15. HOADIE_BOI

16. brb

brb Guest

17. jayGills74

jayGills74 Active Member

Would like to see Strevens play instead of Burton and does nobody else worry that as good as Weston may be, he may end up being used like John Hodge as an impact sub when the opposition is tired? Thought Fish and Martin did ok Saturday, was'nt convinced by Framps or Flanagan

18. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

as long as strevs doesn't score and we win i will be happy........at least it will shut grumpy up <ok>

19. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

20. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member