1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wycombe supporters walk to Oxford

Discussion in 'The Championship' started by DJWWFC, Mar 31, 2013.

1. DJWWFC

DJWWFC Member

Hi all,

Wycombe fan in peace, wishing all your teams the best as we enter the final part of the 2012/13 season (unless you're playing Wycombe!)

You may or may not have heard, but Wycombe Wanderers Trust now run Wycombe Wanderers FC and are trying to steady the financial ship. We are a small club but a great family, community club that pulls together. As a result, a group of supporters are walking 23 miles to Oxford prior to our match there on Saturday April 6th to help raise much needed funds for the club. You can read more here: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fun...bewandererssupporters&faId=301122&isTeam=true

Anyway, my plea is this: please, if any of you feel us worthy, and have any spare cash, to donate any amount you possibly could. Sorry to come on here begging, but we need all the help we can get! I posted the message on a Sheffield Wednesday forum as we have a good rapport with their fans in particular, and the response has been overwhelming; it's fantastic to think fans of bigger clubs in particular still appreciate the smaller clubs, the financial challenges they face and help them to keep their clubs.

Please leave any questions, messages etc and I will respond in kind. It would be truly heartwarming to see a few donations with names of other clubs attached on our online page. Cheers guys.