1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WTF is Al Fayad doing building a statue for Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by frogman27, Mar 16, 2011.

1. frogman27

frogman27 Member

I am in massive appreciation for what Big Mo has done to our beloved club but I think he has crossed a line here. If he wants a memorial of his mate Michael Jackson he can put it up in his house. If this embarassment is anywhere near the statue of the great Johnny Haynes I think all hell will break out at the Cottage. Come on Big Mo, this is simply wrong.

By the way has the 606 forum officially closed down? If so, any old members reading this, log on asap, missing the banter and talk of fulham football.

2. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Seriously, this is the funniest thing i've read in ages!

REP! <laugh>

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I had to check the date to make sure it wasn't April 1st. <laugh>

4. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

<laugh>

5. In Bruce I Trust

In Bruce I Trust New Member

it is quite funny

6. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Brilliant! lol. Although if I was a fan I wouldnt be amused. Imagine if Stevie Wonder appeared next to the statue of Bill Shankly! It's a catch 22 for you guys, he's done a lot, and i'm guessing you want him to remain- so do you risk offending him? (yes)

7. TheStrettyEnd

TheStrettyEnd Member

<laugh>

Gotta have love for jacko though?

8. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Bow4Fowler, I think I speak on behalf of all Fulham fans, MAF has been amazing for our club. It was not too long ago that we were firmly planted in the old division 3, with little prospect of getting out. He saved us from the mire. In that respect we should allow him the right to put a statue anywhere he wants, but seriously Michael Jackson ??? Surely there are great role models to build a statue for, Michael Jackson is right at the bottom of that list. I have been getting pelters from Chelsea fans about this and it is beginning to hurt !!!!!

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

One minor point, Froggy. We escaped from the old third division the season before Al Fayed arrived, so he can't claim any credit for that - that was all Micky Adams and a shoestring budget. What has happened since, admittedly, wouldn't have happened without his loot.

10. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I am "Speechless", so "You Are Not Alone". Al Fayed is obviously a "Tabloid Junkie", because this is just plain "Bad". By the way, "Will You Be There" to see its unveiling? You should e-Mail the club and "Say, Say, Say" how you feel. He'll probably just say "Leave Me Alone", and we'll end up feeling like "They Don't Care About Us". I thought he was bad enough with his obsessive behaviour regarding Dodi and "Dirty Diana". I guess it's just "Human Nature" to remain so loyal to such a good friend, and although it may look "Black or White" from the outside, it's not always so simple.

<laugh>

11. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Even though I don't agree with the proposed plans, Al Fayed has done enough for this club for us to turn a blind eye on this. Nothing is going to change, it's not like there's going to be a Jordan statue outside the gates replacing Haynes. It might even bring in a bit more revenue for the club.

12. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Bandit, I think I took the same view as you until just now, when I heard Al Fayed on the radio saying that if people don't appreciate how wonderful Jackson was, and if they don't appreciate the statue, then he doesn't want them to be Fulham supporters. My blind eye just got its sight back. He's in the wrong on this one, no matter what he's done for the club.

13. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Course he's in the wrong Commodore, I heard it too. Of course if he thinks us supporters change clubs like his Harrods supporters changed handbags, he's made a wrong move as far as us FFC fans go I'll bet. Maybe he feels in a position of strength as his money owns the club, but in more profound ways others have a deeper claim to it.

We may be the only ones in this country who are still his friends, but does he have the strength to see his mistake & apologise, or will he throw more toys out of the pram?

14. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

He is the owner and feels he has the right to have the statue where he likes. Many of us are not happy about it, and it's very disappointing that MAF does not appreciate the fans have a view that differs from his. However, given the last eleven years, I'll put up with it. Fortunately for us it's a long way from Hero Haynes, and the hype will die down.
    Far more importantly - great 3 points today!

15. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

<laugh> it reminds me of Family Guy when Mayor West spends the town budget on a giant pure gold Dig 'em statue, absolutely bonkers.

please log in to view this image

16. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

haha, Al Fayad sounds a weird as Jackson was.

Here is the new link for all the ex Fulham fans out there Chelsea Forum

17. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Fortunately it's round the back of the ground from what I saw on TV last night. Seems to be between the Hammy end and the Riverside on that spot near where the burger vans gather. Hate the bloody thing. It's not even a decent statue but looks like some giant plastic model (appropriate I suppose, given its subject) but Mo owns the club so I guess he can do what he wants with the thing.

18. Willa Pond

Willa Pond Active Member

Well the face on the statue looks almost human so it's nowt like Michael Jackson.

19. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

Ugly statue and ugly sentiment from Chairman Mo. I guess he'd heard/seen all the reaction from fans and the media when the statue was announced and ... well reacted poorly.

I'm almost willing to forgive anything when it comes to Al Fayed ... he's been very, very good to Fulham fans, but to me his statements "go to Hell" or "become a Chelsea fan" (is there a difference?) is beyond the pail.

And, I'm sorry, but that statue is just plain ugly. I could see something abstract or maybe a little bronze bust, but that thing ... I wonder what his livingroom looks like.

20. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

"Go to hell" and "become a Chelsea fan" really isn't on, I hope the mad old **** gets his punishment from a fan, and something like a statue of The Queen and Prince Phillip should do it. <ok>