1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WSBK » Provisional grid of 22 riders for 2012

Discussion in 'Motorcycling' started by The Secret Ingredient, Nov 29, 2011.

1. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

Paolo Ciabatti says he has received 22 provisional entries for the 2012 World Superbike Championship, 18 of which have already been formally confirmed.

Speaking at the launch of the new Moscow Raceway, which will host the first Russian round of the World Superbike Championship next year, Ciabatti outlined that there would be seven Ducatis, four BMWs, four Kawasakis, three Aprilias, two Hondas and two Suzukis.

Signalling a provisional increase year-on-year after the 2011 season was established with 21 entries, so far 18 riders have been officially confirmed ahead of the 2012 season, with the available spots seemingly being shared by Ducati Roma – which is expected to run with Niccol Canepa -, Effenbert Liberty Ducati, which looks set to enter four bikes in 2012, and Team Pedercini, which hasn't announced any riders as yet.

"Despite the difficult economic situation in Europe, for next year we have a provisional grid of 22 permanent riders, two more than in 2011," he said.

Though the admission doesn't state whether more entries are forthcoming, it does appear to suggest that ParkinGO, which originally announced it would run a Ducati, has now opted for an Aprilia, while there is no obvious space for PATA Racing, which entered an Aprilia for Noriyuki Haga in 2011.

Others to withdraw include Yamaha and Alstare Suzuki, though Ducati Roma, ParkinGO and Crescent Racing will represent new entries, while champions Althea will expand to two bikes as well.

2. r s o u l

r s o u l Member

Yup the wsbk grid is looking good for 2012. Hopper will hopefully bring his BSB form into Worlds, Laverty has benn frighteningly quick on the RSV, Haslam has gone well in pre season and then add to that names like Checa, Melandri, Max, Camier, Smrz, Sykes, Guintoli, Badovini & not forgetting Chaz then I think its gonna be a hell of a season.

3. The Secret Ingredient

just worried that last season was hagas last.favourite racer ever.
    it's shaping up nicely for a cracking season though.

4. r s o u l

r s o u l Member

Yes much as it pains me to say it I think the fire in Noris belly is fading. Think that he never really recovered from Spies catching him a couple of seasons ago.

5. The Secret Ingredient

tbh i think it was the crash at donny it was the first time he has ever been badly injured add in the mix he's got 2 young kids and i think he's not up to pushing as hard as he has or up for the fight if you like.
    There definitely has been something missing from him i think it's more in his head than his ability,haga with a straight race head on would still be up there IMO as age doesn't come into it for me as both biaggi and checa are older.It's a shame as on his day he was by far the most exciting rider to watch.