1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wright Banned

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Nov 3, 2017.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

fulhams red card recinded and Bailey Wright now banned for 2 games for simulation (cheating).
    How did the FA come to this decision when the incident was completely off camera?

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Definitely the Bailey Wrong decision

3. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

Having looked at the video footage on the BCFC site, this seems to me to be a bizarre decision to say the least. Whilst there appears to be no contact made to Baileys face/head, he is obviously holding his face whilst on the ground. Is this the reasoning behind the decision?

If so, it could simply be a case of being in pain through being pushed to the ground which, to my mind, appears obvious!!

The legal side of it seems quite strange as well; no right of appeal, yet the reasons for their decision not given until after the weekend!! I take it they're on the piss then and don't want anybody ****ing it up for them!!!

4. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Hmmm - not good. If Wright's guilty then it's hard to argue, because this type of thing needs stamping out, but what timing; the day before the Cardiff game, with Pisano and Baker both 50/50 to feature.

This could have a significant bearing on the outcome - hopefully one or both will be fit and we can play at essentially full-strength.

5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Looks to me as Wright was pushed in the chest, why he's holding his face is debatable, at best.
    Got what he deserved.

Ashton has put out a 'rallying call' to City dimwits.
    The silly bu**ers will believe it as well.

6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hedging your bets Nick?

7. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I don't think so - I'd like to think that whoever starts is fit to do say and lasts the entire 90 minutes, but if it's Baker who suffers a recurrence, or is that bit off the pace that leads to a goal then just maybe...

It could be a close one and fine margins could apply - don't worry though, I won't be saying we were completely screwed over by this decision :emoticon-0148-yes:.

8. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

I can’t see how the FA can claim that there is proof of simulation from that footage. Wright obviously gets pushed/hit in the upper chest area. It’s debatable whether it was his face or not but when I ripped my knee open I put my hands to my face because it bloody hurt!

9. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I reckon this is a wrong decision by the FA especially when you consider it was a front on challenge away from the play and Wright's fall was as a direct result of the contact. Maybe he over embellished slightly but the punishment doesn't reflect the crime that wasn't committed.

10. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Pathetic he was pushed and went flying backwards,yes he was holding his head,but that could have been caused by the fall and possible jarring of the head.
    Wrong decision.

11. Reliant Robin TC2

Before today, I was not aware of anyone, including Fulham fans, suggesting there had been "simulation". I appreciate the new ruling allows the powers that be to look at things in retrospect, but normally there would be an outcry from manager and fans of the opposing team about the "cheating bastard!!"

When you look at the footage, Kamara is running toward the by-line and, effectively, "fronts-up" Wright immediately before pushing away the City Captain. If that wasn't a conscious decision on behalf of the Fulham man, I don't know what would be!! As the red card has now been rescinded, it is obviously the case that the F.A. are happy for an assault to take place in an off-the-ball incident and no punishment will be forthcoming!!

12. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Seems the FA , are leaving themselves wide open for law suits , making a decision that affectively calls someone a cheat , without any chance to clear their name before the
    punishment is dished out
    Then there is the injustice where teams will potentially be wrongly without key players for crucial games , seems to me they have potentially opened a can of worms here.
    The city statement says the will consult with their legal experts once the FA provide the full facts next week . That's a bit late as we will be without Bailey tomorrow, i hope for the FA's sake they have a water tight case, although having watched the video I can't see this is likely, there is clearly contact to make Bailey fall and as the city statement says he didn't approach or complain to the referee or ask for the player to be dismissed, unbelievable decision .

13. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Tomorrow’s game he will miss now regardlessly of any legal action.
    I did hear that he probably won’t be back in time for the game after international break so would that class as the other game ban?

14. AshtonRed

Sorry RP , I think you must have watched a different video to the rest of us .

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  15. AshtonRed

Exactly my point, & if Bailey does win a legal case , a big if I know , it will kind of make the FA look extremely silly, hence my point about opening a can of worms.

16. Reliant Robin TC2

<laugh>

Taken from the BBC website account of what's going on - The FA says it will act "where there is clear and overwhelming evidence to suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation, and as a direct result, the offending player's team has been awarded a penalty and/or an opposing player has been dismissed".

What this suggests to me is that they believe Wright was holding his face in such a way that that indicated where he had been hit/sustained an injury. However this completely ignores what happened beforehand!!

Basically, they're talking a load of bollocks and we're suffering as a result

17. AshtonRed

Regardless which part of his anatomy he is holding if they are suggesting 1/ he doesn't raise his hands and push Bailey or 2/ bailey is exaggerating the effect of a normal challenge , I think they'd have diffelicult making that stick as it was an 'off the ball' incident , so hardly a normal challenge .

18. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

this was the first post so replying to that...apparently bcrw was first post just read the start times, need new glasses
    this is something that really needs a very close look at because "is there no right to appeal" and no defence other than a we sent them ???? blah blah blah ?????.
    there doesn't seem to much in city's response other than oh well he is banned so we have to live with it! ..for now?

it will give someone else a chance to play but it is very short notice coming out of the blue like that

19. AshtonRed

What else can City do for now? , the game is tomorrow midday , what do you suggest they do different to what they are doing?
    They are caught between a rock & a hard place. As there is no right of appeal & the FA are not even providing the full written reasoning until after the weekend. All they can do is wait for this and then get legal advice on n how best to proceed.
    Sorry to rant about this but it's really wound me up. As another poster put on another site can you imagine the FA attempting this on one of the big clubs , there would be an outcry, it's only happened cause we are little old Bristol City,
    I would love it if we took the FA on and showed them to be wrong , but realise this is very unlikely, which is what makes me soo annoyed.
    Feel marginally better for that rant...best way to put 2 fingers up to them is to get 3 points tomorr Regardless.
    COYR

20. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Well done the FA, the cheating Ozzie got found out - he's club captain which makes it worse.
    Ashton hasn't a clue, we should be apologising for Wright's pathetic play acting.
    Not the kind of Friday we need before a very important game tomorrow.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.