1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Would you really want Wilson back?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is he too much of a "sometimes"player to have the consistent influence a playmaker would bring to the side?

Despite his obvious skills, I've had my doubts about him having a major impact on our immediate fortunes. Unless there was an immediate parallel policy at the club to go down the skillful passing game instead of the more recent back to front long ball variety, he'd be like a fish out of water yet again.

Apart from being an expensive option, Wilson wouldn't thrive in our set up like for instance a midfielder like Mowatt who's been snapped up by Brom. We are what we've made ourselves, and I can't see a major switch in style under Mick.

Do we (can we?) change our style to suit Wilson, or get a playmaker in who suits us as we are?

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Ive no doubt he has a good skill set and can pull the strings in a game.
    We've not seen enough of it when he's been with us. Whether that is down to us or him I'm not sure.
    Bellamy had more of an inpact. Maybe he had more experience and could deal with it or possibly just a better player.
    Either way, I'd suggest moving on without him.
    Dont know we're getting value for money out of him.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

We're in no position to splash out £10m+ on a transfer fee plus his wages. A loan deal would cost us £30k+ per week, if Liverpool were again paying half his wages.

Unless we cash in on Moore I don't think we can afford that and I certainly don't advocate selling our major goal threat.

However Moore rarely creates goals himself, he needs feeding in. We are looking very light in that respect unless MM has an unknown deal in the bag or thinks Tomlin can play a season aided by Colwill and Sang. I can't see that happening either so what will MM do?

Will Bale come back down the M4, will Ramsey come home? I doubt it.

Either we will be a very hard to beat team who are boring as hell to watch or MM has something up his sleeve. I hope....

4. Blyth_bucaneer

Blyth_bucaneer Well-Known Member

He was on loan at Sunderland when we got relegated to league one, I'd already nicknamed him "Glass" after just two games, guy is absolutely fragile.

5. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Hes not coming back as we cant afford him.

Of course id have him back. Class at this level 7 goals 11 assists isnt bad from 37 games and the ball flying over his head.

We wont get better.

6. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

what is this guy on.

7. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Harry Wilson has never played for Sunderland!!

Your not thinking of Johnny Williams are you. No comparison really as he doesnt score or create many. Injured a lot though. Wilson is miles better than Williams who we have just released.

Blyth_bucaneer likes this.
  8. Blyth_bucaneer

Blyth_bucaneer Well-Known Member

Apologies
    Apologies mate, indeed I was thinking of Johnny Williams.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  9. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree, I don't think he'll be coming back but I'm not dissappointed either.

To say we wont get better is wrong. Whoever we get if anyone, may not possess his skill levels but could be a far better fit for the side as it stands.

Mick isn't going to wave some magic wand and turn this side as it stands into on the floor ball players. Wilson was often like a fish out of water and his frustrations showed.

Either get the right middle of the park playmakers for what we've got or make a massive change in the current playing staff - and that isn't going to happen this season.

10. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

He needs better players around him and a manager who can get the best out of him by playing him in his best position. He was like a fish out of water half the time last season and bar his superb hat trick against Birmingham youngsters he didn’t change games like he was supposed to.

Oldsparkey and clingo like this.

11. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Sparkey chum.....when I played for Ninian Spurs, I was always thought of as a “sometimes” player! Sometimes excellent and then sometimes just good....much maligned was Masky! I take your point! :emoticon-0103-cool: Interestingly enough, BFB is sometimes he, and sometimes BT! Only the car for sale remains constant!

12. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

No cars for sale but BT has just part ex'd one motorbike for another. Hell's grandad!!!

Barry Tiger and clingo like this.
  13. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Pers
    Personally, if we could, I'd much rather us try bring Camarasa back.

Wilson is a good player but agree that he just doesn't suit our overall game plan in general.
    Neither party would get the most out of the deal in truth.