1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Would you eat there now?

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Nov 28, 2018.

?

Will you are at Frankies now they have banned moniles?

1. Count me in.... I will rush there with my kids!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No chance .... the food is foul

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No chance ... I am not falling for such blatant cheap advertising

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Frankie who???

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

I see Frankie and Benny's are trialling banning mobile phones to encourage more 'family time'

upload_2018-11-28_15-11-24.png

Would you eat there as a result?

Attached Files:

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When I am in Dorset I sometimes go to a pub where mobile phones have to be switched off. If one does go off then it will cost the owner £1 as they use the fine as a charity fund raiser. I don't think they raise very much.:emoticon-0100-smile

3. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Mobile phones in all public places are a plague. The trouble is that people walk along the street talking into thin air and you can't tell who is mad any more <doh> When I see people (normally young) walking along the street, playing with their ipads (or whatever they're called) the whole time, I feel like shaking them and telling them to look at the real World for a change. I would definitely back any restaurant taking this step (however grotty the food is) - moreover I would ban them on all public transport, other than in case of emergency - I just don't want to be forced to listen to some of the mundane conversations taking place next to me. Ok. rant over.

Scullion likes this.
  4. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

I'd ban mobile phones from all restaurants...and add trains, buses, pubs, cafes, cinemas and galleries while you're at it! Talk, look around you and, if all else fails, read. Apologies to all those who love their phones. Mine's for checking a friend or relative is at the agreed meeting place or saying what time I'll be home <laugh>

Deleted....... and Scullion like this.
  5. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

The mad ones are those hoping to stop Brexit. :emoticon-0100-smile Sorry, had to slip it in.

6. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

I really enjoy those who walk into me whilst fiddling with their phones, especially as I have seen them coming, stopped and planted my feet firmly. :1980_boogie_down:

Deleted....... likes this.
  7. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

I was recently in a cafe where four people at the same neighbouring table were all on their phones. I couldn't help wondering if they were texting each other.

8. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

My youngest daughter requires an operation to have hers removed from her hand. I remember having to run up the hill to use the pay phone to speak to my wife 50 years ago when we first met. Times have changed, not sure for the better.

9. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

I still have an 8210, it's perfect for me. Calls and texts, end off! And I am 36.

10. I often eat in there anyway - my nieces' favourite haunt. I don't really care one way or the other about mobiles in restaurants and pubs but get a bit irritated when they go off in the theatre, opera or cinema.