1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Would Scottish teams want to join the English leagues?.

Discussion in 'Scottish Premiership' started by hedgeworth, Jun 18, 2011.

1. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Just interested to know what Scottish team supporters think on Scottish clubs joining the English league.

Personally, I would like to see the the top Scottish teams introduced into the English league system like the top Welsh sides already are.

2. Polbethian

Polbethian Member

i think most old firm fans would agree with you and i think we would both hugely enhance the epl. ain't going to happen though. turkeys don't vote for christmas

3. celticeasyontheeye

I'm firmly in the Don't want to go South camp. We are Scottish teams and we should stay in Scotland. I wish all this talk would end, and we could sort out our own league instead of trying to cash in on the English leagues. I after a few years of playing in the EPL one of us done well enough to reach a European place, who do we Represent?

4. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, i get what you mean, if Scottish clubs joined the Premier League then it would become the British Premier League instead of English, that would sort it out but also come up with a little opposition I guess :)

5. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

It's a no for me.

First of all, we're Scottish and we should be looking at radical methods to revamp our own leagues rather than take the easy way out and move south. Also, a report from Deloitte recently showed that Celtic and rangers would be financially worse off in the EPL because of the huge debt we would be saddled with trying to compete with the other teams in spending and wages.

Secondly, if it was to happen it would give FIFA the perfect excuse to call for an end to separate FA's for each of the home nations meaning we would love our veto powers.

Thirdly, there is too much baggage involved and I can see Celtic and Rangers getting blamed all the time for any trouble that was to occur.

6. RinoGattuso

RinoGattuso Active Member

It will happen when SKY wants it.

7. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Sky would most likely want a full European league with all the big teams first.

8. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Not interested, Celtic are a Scottish team and should play in Scotland.

9. jobdone

jobdone Member

There will always be a big problem glasgow is in scotland (really) therefore even if they got out of the championship league (like swansea)and I don,t think either club could. they can,t represent england in europe (eufa rules) not a lot of people know that.