1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

World Cup Football bet thread

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by TC (Lovely Geezer), May 27, 2014.

1. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Some stand out value and some odds on accie value

Germany Evens to beat Portugal
    Spain 5/4 to beat Holland
    Mexico 11/10 to beat Cameroon
    Ivory Coast 7/4 to beat Japan

£50 Accumulator returns £1,299

Brazil 1/4 to beat Croatia
    Argentina 4/11 to beat Bosnia
    Holland 1/3 to beat Australia
    Germany 2/5 to beat Ghana
    Germany 2/5 to beat USA

£100 Accumulator returns £445

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Ive got a 33/1 e/w call on Uruguay for the tournament and im looking at doing the winners from each group as well... Not picked em yet...

Good luck TC...<ok>

3. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Cheers red

Will do a few moew nearer the time

For the patriots amongst us
    England
    2-1 to beat Italy
    7/4 to neat Uraguay
    2/5 to beat Costa Rica

£20 accer returns £231 <cheers>

Personally, I think we will draw v Italy (5/2), draw v Uraguay(9/4) and beat Costa Rica (2/5)
    Same £20 returns £318.50

4. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Coral are offering slightly enhanced odds re England winning all their Group games, as a special bet, &#8211; 11/1. They also go 4/1 England won&#8217;t win any of their 3 Group games. I&#8217;d be far more tempted by the latter especially as I don&#8217;t think Costa Coffee will be quite the walkover that some assume.

I&#8217;m far from a football expert but the team that I think have been seriously underestimated are Bosnia-Herzegovina. 200/1 appears massive. OK they&#8217;ve got Argentina in their Group but the other 2 they have been drawn with look Beatable with a capital &#8216;B&#8217;. Then it&#8217;s likely to be either France, the Swiss or Ecuador in the last 16&#8217;s. Again not as tough as it could be. I don&#8217;t think it will be that difficult for them to reach the Quarters and then after that anything is possible in knockout football.

Staying with Bosnia-Herzegovina I think that old boy Edin Dzeko is massively overpriced to be &#8216;top goalscorer&#8217; at 80/1. Was 10 in 10 during qualifying and he could get a hatful in the qualifying game against the old Iranians.

5. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Sir Barney, haven't had a bet yet, but I take Argentina to win the whole thing, with Belgium very real dark horses. The latter have so many good players in their squad that I would be surprised if they did not do really well. I just wonder if this thing will go ahead, guess it will of course, but as we know there is fierce opposition by many local people out there due to the enormous prior cost to Brazil of some US$11 billion, with so much poverty and all that. Hope it all goes ahead without serious trouble, but am a bit worried about this World Cup?

6. TC (Lovely Geezer)

They definitely have a chance of progressing - their game against Nigeria seems to be the crunch match & the bookies make Bosnia slight favs for that, have no idea whatsoever about how good or bad Iran are. Will watch the Nigeria v Scotland game tonight to see how I rate their chances!!

7. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

I've got a punt on Higuan ew for top scorer at 33s. Easily one of the easiest groups with, in all probably, a pretty straightforward last 16 game.

8. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm a bit concerned about it too Swanny - seems amazing to think that 2 years ago some were criticisng London as not being ready for the Olympics when you look at the utter chaos going on in South America <laugh>

I have a real fancy for Argentina - can't see it going out of south America and think Brazil could choke.
    Following sir barney's theory on outsiders i think the 100/1 on Didier drogba could be interesting. Absolutely no reason why CdI can't get the 2nd spot behind Colombia and he could score a few in the group.

9. stick

stick Bumper King

A few fun bets for me, mainly to get me interested as International football really leaves me rather cold these days.

CHILE ew outright 1/2 @ 50-1

Group winners treble on COLOMBIA, ARGENTINA & GERMANY

Top goalscorer GONZALO HIGUAIN @ 33-1

Top England Goalscorer STEVEN GERRARD @ 11/1 on the basis that one goal could very well win that particular market!

10. cityhull

cityhull Well-Known Member

Top Goalscorer - Messi 8/1 boring I know but they have an easy group which will hopefully see Messi grab 4/5 goals

Top Goalscorer / Tournament double - Messi\Spain 66/1 - Spain seem to be under the radar this year but they are still a very exciting team, add the goals of Costa and I think they are a great bet. They never win by wide margins which is why if they beat Argentina in the Semi's Messi should still have enough goals and a meaningless 3/4th play-off to rack up more goals in

Columbia to win group C - Evens - Very under-rated side Columbia in a weak group

Holland to fail to qualify from group B - 5/4 - team is growing older, RVP not looking fit, Van Gaal with his mind elsewhere and a tough group with both Spain and Chile in it

11. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Really an interesting World Cup and with a lot of the top National sides being pretty equal in terms of ability it will make great viewing to see who will mount a challenge this year, Last world cup Spain looked and were untouchable, this time around it look's to be anyone's, can't wait to see how it play's out.

Did a few bets that will hopefully further my interest..

Top Scorer - Karim Benzema 25/1 France on paper have the easiest group and have been on fire in their warm up games thus far and if Benzema carries his form through I think he will have a tilt at the golden boot, 25/1 is just about right.

Name the Finalists - Brazil VS Uruguay 50/1 well it happened in 1950 in Brazil so let's hope a little bit of history repeats and all that, very speculative but possible.

Group winners - Holland (11/4), Ivory Coast (10/3), Uruguay (15/8), Belgium (8/11), France (4/5) and Portugal (12/5) 2 euro 6 fold pay's 987.00 euro.

Will more than likely delve in once more after theses go down the toilet quickfast <laugh>

Let's hope it's a good one regardless, good luck lads and lasses :emoticon-0148-yes:

12. redcgull

Group betting, similar to doing the Scoop6 really, you'll get the drift, its a 8 group accy really...

Group Winners

A - Brazil
    B - Spain
    C - Columbia, Ivory Coast
    D - England, Italy, Uruguay - I really don't have a clue who will win this group, but it wont be Costa Rica...!!!
    E - France, Ecuador
    F - Argentina
    G - Germany
    H - Belgium, Russia

£2 x 24 lines... If all the favs win their groups then its a £125 return, of which will rise to £1505 on the differing combination of lines...<ok>

13. redcgull

I never want any one who has a bet to fail, and I hope you win this bet, but on a much higher goal return please stick...<laugh><laugh>

14. TC (Lovely Geezer)

I wasn't going to do a top goalscorer bet this year as I think its between a dozen players, but Fred sucked me in today with his enhanced price on Neymar - 20s instead of 10s for 1 hour only.
    Yesterdays enhanced was Van Percy to be top dutch scorer 6/1 - had some of that too.

I must stop going in that shop - hook line and sinker every time - but they do have some eye candy behind the jump <whistle>

15. hawkeye

hawkeye Well-Known Member

Had a good bet on Argentina to win. Piss easy group.
    And a few for golden boot, all at stupid prices.
    Higuain
    Muller
    Sanchez
    angel di maria
    Diego Forlan
    Periza

Less than an hour till it kicks off. I can't wait.

16. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Not a bad start for my 20/1 Neymat bet - cheers Fred
    Brazil look very suspect at the back - especially the goalie - Definitely not a penalty!! Oscar man of the match for me!!!

17. marknemo

marknemo Active Member

Does anyone here prefer more progressive bets? I like bets on specific games so that it keeps me interested. I had £20 on Brazil to score in each half last night which returned £44, not much but gives me some money to reinvest tonight and I am looking at similar bets. I am fancying Chile -1, not had a chance to check out the odds yet though!

18. TC (Lovely Geezer)

I think Spain v Holland both teams to score is good value @ 15/8 <cheers>

19. TC (Lovely Geezer)

In the bag <cheers>

20. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

Bit late to the party but I'm with hawkeye, a hefty win bet on Argentina to win outright at 9/2. Think the South American teams all looking capable of scoring plenty from the limited evidence we've seen yet (though all seem slightly defensively suspect too).

A goalscoring fest of a World Cup! Excellent.