1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic WORLD CUP 2018

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, May 16, 2018.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well just read on One football. Columbians have a 200,000 Signatures sent to Fifa to get a replay as of the 2 major decisions that went against them ..

Well they are all smoking that funny stuff and Fatty has apologised to Fifa .. :emoticon-0153-broke

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

France..2-0...Uruguay...F/T......non-event....no Cavani...no goals.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Brazil...0-2...Belgium...H/T.....Belgium look dangerous on the break.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Brazil...1-2...Belgium...F/T......only European teams left.

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I am so pleased that the Brazilians are out. Get rid of that cheating bastard Neymar and how he didn't get booked in that match I will never know. He is worse than shocking. He isn't the only one in that team but he is the worst. Having said that the Belgians aren't adverse to falling down very easily.

What gets me most is that when Brazil played football they were mesmerising at times. Belgium first half but Brazil second half and the Belgians held on by the skin of their teeth.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

TV mentioned that it is the first time ever that one of Brazil, Argentina or Germany haven't been in the semi-finals.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The Germans were so unGerman like and they deserved what they got which was nothing. Argentina are what Argentina are and that's a dirty type team. Cynical is the best word to sum them up for me. Got what they deserved also. Brazil can be brilliant but are in fact a cheating bunch who also got what they deserved in the end. I do not want to see any side that throw themselves all over the place going through in this competition. I have to say that in general South American sides are not sportsman like even if they are capable of playing brilliant stuff at the same time. It's a great pity but they just don't seem to be able to help themselves.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sweden...0-1...England...(Maguire)...H/T.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sweden...0-2...England...(Maguire, Alli)...F/T......quite easy in the end.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Russia...1-1...Croatia....F/T.....extra time needed.....neither teams our better than England.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Russia...2-2...Croatia... after extra time.....Croatia win 4-3 on penalties....excitement at the end but not a great quality match.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just got back from my daughters where we were watching the games. So I wasn't the only one who thought England won their game easily then Plym. Ok there were a couple of frights in the 90 minutes but you would expect any team to have some chances. They weren't many and we didn't look that in trouble. Out keeper played well which lessened the odds against. Job done with minimum fuss. No throwing themselves around and very few fouls in the whole match. Easiest game that Ref will manage for years.

Thought Croatia were all over the best side of the two tonight but boy did they make hard work of an average Russian side. Russia did put in a bag full of effort but the quality was obviously not there in the end. Glad it went to 120 minutes and penalties though. Don't think Croatia are better than England even if I'm not counting chickens.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

France...1-0...Belgium.....F/T.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I honestly don't think France have broken sweat in winning any of their games so far. They have looked quite ordinary and yet here they are in the final. They are capable of playing much much better than they did tonight and in previous games. Whoever meets them in the final is going to have a job on their hands. Belgium huffed and puffed looking decent at times but with little or no end product. Very disappointing and I think they have blown their chance of greatness. All well and good having loads of individual talent but this is a team game and France are a much better team. Can't see past France at the moment.

15. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I'm hopeful we'll get through tonight but I can't say I'm entirely confident we'll beat France if we do get to the Final

After a good first half, Belgium did get stifled by France later on despite having an attack with De Bruyne, Hazard and Lukaku. I don't think we are as good as that threesome.

Belgium do have a reputation of not delivering as a team on the quality of their individual players. If that was part of it, maybe if we play to 100% of our capacity and move the ball quicker than Belgium did.....

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Too many individuals in the Belgium side. France not so gifted but much more together.

Not sure about tonight. Will be what it is and I won't weep if we don't make it. We have as much chance as they have and I don't think there is a favourite.

17. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

And of course there's always the option of scoring first to stop them defending!

I think they've done OK already for such a young side. Any more is a bonus.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I'm not getting over excited yet.....we've only played one team above us in the FIFA World Rankings in this tournament....and lost to them....ok a game played by both second strings.

Croatia below us in the rankings.....and France above us....and they look to good for us....but we'll see if we get the chance to play them soon.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Croatia...0-1...England....Trippier... 5mins...H/T.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Croatia...1-1...England...F/T.....we're bottling it...losing concentration.