1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wolfsburg bid for Tuncay

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband, Jan 30, 2011.

1. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Says Sky Sports News. Please reject it Stoke!!!

2. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

No no no no no, can we not send them Diao in Tunny's shirt.

3. TheRealPotterJub

Diao needs to go, he's retiring as a Stoke player soon and moving to coaching us! He said in one of those MOTD things or something a wihle back.

4. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

5. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

I think if Tunny's not in the squad today, then it looks certain he'll be off. It's about an hour before the teams will be announced

6. crazy-4-stoke

crazy-4-stoke Member

please dont let tunny go,we need our best players not let them go.

7. Norfolkstokie

Norfolkstokie Member

I really rate Tunny....will be a sad day to see him leave.
    I just hope we are getting a brilliant replacement for him.

8. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6710560,00.html

Sky Sports News understands Wolfsburg boss Steve McClaren has lodged a bid for Stoke forward Tuncay.

The value of the offer remains undisclosed, but the German giants are hoping it will be enough to tempt the Potters into a sale.

Tuncay remains on the fringes of the first-team fold at the Britannia Stadium, with Tony Pulis preferring to use him more as an impact player than a regular starter.

The Turkey international has expressed his frustration at a lack of game time in the past and has attracted plenty of interest during the January transfer window.

Sunderland and West Ham have been linked with moves, but an official approach has now been made from Germany.

Wolfsburg are in the market for attacking talent after offloading Edin Dzeko to Manchester City.

It is imperative they fill that void as quickly as possible, with a difficult season seeing McClaren's men languishing in the bottom half of the Bundesliga table

9. Norfolkstokie

Norfolkstokie Member

10m and a box of After Eights and I won't miss him so much hehe.

10. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

From Twitter

@FanhousePercy
    John Percy
    #Wolfsburg have made a bid for #Stoke striker Tuncay. A Prem club are also trying to do a deal before deadline #SCFC

11. Bobbinthepotter

Bobbinthepotter New Member

A sad day for Stoke if Tunny is to leave - I think about how well he played against Bolton recently and how much he has to offer - but can understand if he's had enough of warming the bench far too often. Also, O'Hara to Wolves, Ireland to Newcastle - guess we'll just stick with Delap/Diao then??!! Feels a little like we're going backwards IMHO/ standing still at best eh?!

12. Agreed bobbin, definitely with the 'standing still' bit. If it wasn't for the likes of Wilson and Pennant think I would shoot myself. We need Tunny and Fuller to stay and see the season out with us at the very least.

13. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ven-way-Stoke-Steve-McClarens-Wolfsburg.html?

Stoke striker Tuncay flew out to Germany last night to seal a £4miilion move to Steve McClaren’s Wolfsburg.
    The Turkish striker was on the bench for the 1-0 FA Cup win over Wolves. But as soon as the game finished he shot off to catch a flight to Germany.

Tuncay has never managed to hold down a regular spot at Stoke since signing from Middlesbrough for £5m two years ago. He has made just 14 Premier League appearances this term, scoring just one goal.
    But his stock is still high in European football and McClaren wants the 29-year-old to help keep his team away from a relegation battle.