1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wize...

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Reliant Robin TC2, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

Sorry to do it this way Wize but I don't know how to do it any other way!!

A mate of mine who lives in Dorchester is trying to join this site but he cant get approval for his application. How does he go about it?

Cheers in advance.

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I've contacted the supermod and below is the procedure, just let me have his details so I can back it up with brb <ok>

'Hi people,

Right I've realised since the site last keeled over, that newbies can't complete their registration, so here's the deal;

I will check once a day - If the registration looks genuine, ie it's not a spam bot or someone playing silly buggers (and we get lots of silly buggers!), then I will validate the account.

However, it will help, if you are aware of anyone trying to register, please let me know, it saves me making the wrong decision :)

ps. what this also means, is if you choose to ban anyone, as happens occasionally, then they will not be able to activate a sock.

You can pm me with details if you prefer.

3. Reliant Robin TC2

Sorry to be a pain, but how do I PM on this site? Never done it before and can't find an obvious button!!

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Don't worry mate, go to the top right hand corner of the page, next to your name you will see an envelope, just click on there and it will bring a conversations box up, just hit the start a new conversation sign and you will be all set up, just follow the layout instructions and you are there, I would be your named participent this time, make sure you put my full name and end it with a comma, then lay out your message as normal and send.

Redprintt likes this.
  5. Reliant Robin TC2

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

All done mate, I now await brb (The supermod) to action it, if there are any problems I will let you know, just sit back you've doney your bit..<ok>

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  7. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Another Dorchester member aside from Massive and I - it's a hotbed!!!

MassiveAttack likes this.
  8. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

so lucky down there plenty of open space walks … I feel sorry for the multi story dwellers .. eg live on 20th floor eventually lift gets up there lift is 2m square 1 in each corner stops on 19th and 1 gets in stands in middle … stops at 18th …!!!!!!
    in a 20 floor block here is about 300 steps on the stairs ok for going down …
    on my best walk to get in maximum vertical range, that helps expand the lungs, [it is recommended to the 150,000 "high risk" apparently to do lung expanding exercises x2 daily in case they get Covid ] I get about 50m [about 40m in one section]

smhbcfc likes this.
  9. Reliant Robin TC2

God... I hadn't realised Massive was down that way as well!! Dorset division of BCFC supporters club!!

MassiveAttack likes this.
  10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Now you are 3, maybe 4.:emoticon-0105-wink:

11. smhbcfc

Yes and down here people observing the stay at home message - so when you go out for exercise its easy to stay 2.5 metres apart from people

12. johngalleyfan2

went on my 2.4 mile trek with 8kg in rucksack from 6 to 7pm not most arduous way to have done it but started at highest point and finished at highest point taking in the lowest point .. saw only 3 people within the 3 -4m mark [ about 8 altogether ]
    I would like to be out of DORCHESTER a bit maybe winterbourne abbas or abbotsbury .. reasonably close to a main road but not heavy town / city i live on the edge of Bristol …. about 300m -700m to open country ….

13. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

I live on Castle Park (opposite the football ground) on the edge of Dorch, Maiden Castle is at the end of the road so that's the place to go! The size of 50 football pitches

please log in to view this image

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  14. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

is this Mate of yours a fireman?

15. smhbcfc

I live n Castle Park as well - am looking at Maiden Castle from my Study window :emoticon-0148-yes:

16. johngalleyfan2

I once had to park up for an hour near there in the 90's about a mile away unfortunately … worked it out would take me about 30 mins to get there and back and just 30 mins wandering … so finished my break chatting to a number of people in USA and Canada!... did the same /similar on Purbeck "Island" … when I went SE in 2000 toured [ PAID TO DELIVER! ] all over Europe & mainland UK always a rush to get to destination … then would rush back for another job... in the latter years I did resolve to take a 2 hour stop, wx permitting, in areas I hadn't been to [other than to deliver ] did some amazing walks, a couple of 4 to 5 hours! wandered around LOCH'S [ Lomond has been a life long favourite since we camped there as kids in the 50's and got flooded out the tent ] … durdle dor another.. did my first "dive there with bottles on" with or without wet suit cant swim .. but go under water short distances with or without a bottle!!!!!