1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Winter News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's a bit disappointing for me about Macey then. Darn. At least with the Wolverine we won't be still paying out then.

2. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

'oh yes he is'

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just read it on the "Arold" and see I got it the wrong way around. I also see we stopped paying his wages at the end of last month so he could play for Wolves so that's at least one blessing. Sorry but I still don't rate Macey that highly.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Having seen the video of the Argentinian dog stopping the ball going into the net....I reckon we should sign it up....cheap really, couple of tins of dog meat and a Bonio or two that should do the trick......<whistle>.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Christ I'd keep goal for that pay. Might need something to dip the bonio in though given the tooth situation.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I note the ramifications of the FA Cup result last night. Because Walsall beat Sunderland and therefore have another round to go in January it will mean that our home game against them will be off and have to be rearranged. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Rearranged for Tuesday 22nd of January at 7-45pm.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Talk of interest in Lewis Travis a 21yr old, 6ft defender from Blackburn Rovers....would be a six month loan....other clubs interested as well.

9. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

He's described as a "starlet" in the WMN. I'd prefer someone fitting the football epithet "warhorse".

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Also talk of interest in Matt Tootle a right-back at Notts County 28 years old....high work rate....also quick.... can play left-back or on the wing.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Six days now that Cam 2 has been showing picture of the inside of the roof of the away end.......about time it was showing the grandstand again.

Or is it because the team are on the pitch perfecting their defensive moves and they don't want us to see them doing it....no I didn't think so.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Are you daring to suggest that this team actually does practice?????????????????????? Yeh right.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I have just read an article in the Herald quoting an interview with Derek Adams. In it he talks about going away for a warm weather camp during their break or rather how they can't aford to go this time. Apparently all the spare cash is being spent on the grandstand refurbishment. We got knocked out of the FA cup so there isn't any spare cash from that this season.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I understood that the refurbishment of the grandstand was financed seperately by Hallet with a £6.5m loan. I can see maybe the club are paying some interest on the loan but why are we now being told "other" cash is being spent in that direction? Whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge............not got any cash, not able to afford, can't compete blah blah blah.................I'll be weeping into my cornflakes next. I might open one of those plea pages and see if the rest of us can cough up a few quid for an obvious good cause, I mean, you gotta feel sorry for them haven't you.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Spending time in the warmth of the sun....wouldn't we all like to do that.....now we could if we PAID FOR OURSELVES but no...Adams and the team expect PAFC to pay for their freebie (that's a reason to get into the Premiership).

The club have had other issues to pay for...such as some new floodlighting over the Barn Park end....that had to be adjusted because it was shining into the faces of the home fans...I thought that would have been a bonus at the moment, the way they're playing.

15. notDistantGreen

Still is shining into the faces of fans.........

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Lionel Ainsworth has had a trial with Scottish Premier club Livingston.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Very strong rumour today that Carey is indeed off to Luton. It was also added that Mrs Carey had put said info on social media herself. I don't do social media sites so I cannot confirm or otherwise that statement.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Forgot to mention the strong rumour about Curtis Nelson possibly going to Sunderland. I believe there is a sell on clause on him following the Tribunal ruling in 2016. Hope so cause we need the cash. Sunderland can afford a couple of million I would think..............

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Chat on pasoti that Ladapo could go to Bristol City in exchange for a loan of Mo Eisa a goalscorer at Div 2 level for the rest of the season.

20. notDistantGreen

I see on a transfer rumour site that "PAFC have received enquiries from a number of Premier League clubs for full back Ashley Smith-Brown".

Also "Rotherham United are eyeing a move for PAFC midfielder Jamie Ness".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.