1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Wiltshire injured

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by GeordieHalfbreed, Apr 19, 2017.

1. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

Apparently he's crocked until end of season. Again. Hairline fracture to fibula.

While I feel sorry for the lad I think we might have dodged a bullet there, as I imagine he'd be a tempting signing if we had gone up and he hadn't got injured again.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I wouldn't worry he'd have had a nosebleed at the suggestion of coming this far north. He would have had much better options than us too. Regardless of his regression and injury record, plenty like him. Guardiola is a big fan. I could see him ending up there to be honest.

3. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

How the feck is he injuring himself not even playing? I understood when Wenger kept picking him with niggles but this is ridiculous.

On the plus side for the fat one, he's probably cheap. Like Sturridge.

4. Heed

Heed well known cheat

The chances of loveable Mikey splashing half his summer cash out on Wiltshire were less than Nil before the latest injury.

Wiltshire did well though, he made it to his 27th appearance of the season before getting crocked

5. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Most he's made in 5 years apparently.

We don't need another Kieron Dyer, Dwight Gayle's gonna be our token crock for the next few years unless we can offload him.

6. Warmir Pouchov

Apart from the obvious problems of getting them to come here, I think the problems injury wise associated with Delph, Carroll, Sturridge, Wilshere, Gibbs are just not for us. Talent wise they are obviously more than we could hope for but is that any good if its sat in your treatment room?

I definitely think we need to box clever and take a risk on some younger lads who are out of favour needing a loan. The big clubs are laden with them. Liverpool have the two serbian lads Grujic and Markovic, Chelsea have Abrahams, Loftus Cheek, Ake, Solanke, Musonda, Man U have Tuanzebe, Fosu Mensah, Man C have Mooy, Aleix Garcia, Maffeo, Angelino, Adarabioyo. I'll have missed loads but they could bring a real desire to prove themselves. Long term you want your own of course. We have young Lewis Gibson who I think should be competing with whoever the left back is we sign (if we do). There is no point having these England U17, U18 internationals and stagnating their development. Clubs at our level should be taking that risk as Fulham have with Sessegnon. They often surprise you.

Me I'd spend big on the spine with experience and quality, then I'd surround it with high energy young players with something to prove. **** it, at least it would be exciting.

Obi Wan and GeordieHalfbreed like this.
  7. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

A Wilshere-Aarons physio table switch might be decent though.

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.
  8. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I can't see us not dipping into the loan market this summer since it's likely we won't have the funds to buy what we need. I don't really know much about all these players you mention though so I'm at a loss as to who we should try to bring in.

9. Warmir Pouchov

Just a load of youngsters raped by the big clubs from European youth systems, or young lads who have come through their own set up. Many have been out on loan in the last couple of years and have developed a good reputation. Its not ideal being a grounding for the big clubs of course, but beggars can't be choosers and I don't think there will be as much money as the fans or Rafa would like.

The two Liverpool lads are a bit more experienced and would be good signings in my opinion.

10. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

If you do, you can replace him with Sturridge. He can be you're next Owen <whistle>

11. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Had high hopes for Grujic and think next year he might get a bit more action for us. A loan move in England might be good for him though, still young though. Looks big and powerful and good presence in the middle. Don't think we'll sell this summer.

Markovic is an odd one, before he signed for us he looked lightning quick, since he's come to England he's looked just an average paced winger. Played few decent games for us, but went out on loan and barely did anything in Turkey but has been decent for Hull it seems. Not pulled up any trees though, think if someone comes in with 10-15m then he'll be off which is a shame as we could do with a quick wide player to compete/replace Mane.

12. Warmir Pouchov

I just think both are still young enough to develop. Markovic looks a classic example of someone who has struggled to get to grips with the game here. It looks at Hull as though he might be getting there. He has an eye for goal too which is crucial to struggling sides like us. I don't know if Klopp would be interested of course, he might just bring them into the fold. I just know I like Serbians. They have a rock solid mentality and are tough whether battering rams psychos like Ivanovic, Vidic, Mitrovic or Kolarov, or flair players like Markovic, Stankovic, Tadic. There is an iron will there. I think they might fancy us too with Mitrovic already here.

Salomon #9 likes this.