1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Willock Thankyou and goodbye. Your always welcome!

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Geordieginola, May 19, 2021.

1. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

So the kid has been an epic success. Has taken to us and we to him.

There’s no chance of us signing him now after his heroics.

However. Sometimes it’s just sticks. He loves us and we love him. Maybe. He stays at Arsenal and it doesn’t work out. Maybe he goes to a Leicester and it doesn’t work out. But..........

He will always be welcome back so maybe it’s not goodbye forever but goodbye for now.

Well done Willock. And when you do come back. It’s Magpies!!!!

mickeybnufc and Dorty Dogbreath like this.
  2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Can’t see what could go wrong. Mikey, if he’s still here, is guaranteed to put in a bid and tied in with our first class coach and our even better facilities what’s not to say that our bid of £10M and to half his wages won’t be successful.

Wisey's Hair and Mick O'Toon like this.
  3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Just watched willock’s interview and his face lit up when the fans were singing for him to stay. I hope he realises he co s be a legend with us, adored by the fans for years to come rather than be a bench warmer at Arsenal.

he reminds me of a cross between Speed and Beardsley.

Geordieginola likes this.
  4. Geordieginola

He’s going down in our history. Especially if the takeover happens.

He wants to go back to Arsenal and who could blame him. But he literally has kept us in the PL.

5. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

If the takeover goes through he's coming here on a permanent.. No doubt

6. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

No chance he'll stay I'm afraid, he was told to come here and impress the coaches at Arsenal and he's done that.

Even if we got new owners it would take time to convince players that we're the real deal I think.

7. Geordieginola

Having seen his post match interview and reading some of the articles I think if we do out a sensible bid in he might come.

You could literally build the team around him. He’s a box to box midfielder. Shelvey could work along next to him if we had A.N. Other more creative midfielder.

You would have the right mix. With ASM down the left and Joe on the right (Not up front) then it might work nicely.

Then you could have Wilson and Rondon fighting you too.

8. Geordieginola

I love this by Willock and the Geordie lad that stole his thunder by saying “come on you maggies” before he did. Priceless!

Mick O'Toon likes this.
  9. BrunelGunner

BrunelGunner Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Glad that he's had a good loan spell with you. He has more goals than all our midfielders combined, so we probably could have done with him ourselves! <laugh>

I haven't watched Newcastle enough to know whether he's significantly improved his game, but my biggest gripe with him at Arsenal was that his best attributes (i.e. making runs into the box, pressing, instinctive finishing) were far superior to the other aspects of his game (passing, touch, long range shooting, releasing the ball).

I don't know what we plan on doing with him, as I have read conflicting reports. But having had a taste for first team action (and thriving), I can't imagine he'd accept being a bench player at Arsenal for next season, which is likely where he'll be. Especially as we're not likely to get European football next season.

I'm not against selling him, but it has to be the right price. £20m isn't enough IMO.

10. Geordieginola

Hi there. Thanks for the visit.

He’s done fantastic for us and his attitude is infectious. But remember we are comparing him to Shelvey.

And we are now in love with him because he has come up with some serious goals to save Bruce’s bacon.

There’s a player in there but it is raw. His runs into the box are brilliant and he carries the ball well and covers the ground with it too.

He is a classic box to box midfielder and thus in a team like ours he’s pivotal for our attacking phase.

For a slower build up team there would be a lot of work to be done. Positioning needs work and he does go missing fo small swathes of the game. But who doesn’t I guess. And he is young.

We appreciate 20m is probs to little now since he has done so well. But I bet prior to him joining us on loan you would have snapped our hands off for that price.

BrunelGunner likes this.

11. Dr Van Helsing

I heard 30

12. Geordieginola

20m according to Metro news. If that’s true. Then we should all have a whip around.

And use some of the fans ownership fund too. I think that’s around 72k now. Lol

Roland Deschain likes this.
  13. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

If anyone was in any doubt that ACS is indeed a mackem who knows **** all about football, I point you to this comment.

What in the actual **** are you on about? <laugh><laugh><laugh>

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  14. BrunelGunner

BrunelGunner Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Honestly, I wanted around £25m for him before he moved to you (when you consider fees for Brewster, Ibe, Solanke, Iwobi etc), so now I'm hoping for £30m+ <laugh>.

I've always liked him as a player, but wasn't sure if he's someone who could offer more to the build up play. We need intricate, quick passers of the ball who can interchange or midfielders who can play vertical balls from deep to stretch the opposition.

I don't think Willock is this sort of player and, stylistically, I just don't see where he fits into the team. We can't build a team around him IMO.

I'd like to keep him, purely because he's a goalscoring threat from midfield. Players like this are so hard to find, let alone someone who has come through your youth academy. But as I said, I don't feel like he'd be content with a squad role again.

However, it looks like midfield is an area we plan on reinforcing this Summer. So, if that's the case, I think we'll look to sell.

Any offer around the £30m mark and he's gone.

15. Geordieginola

Fair assessment: are you sure your an Arsenal fan. Ha just kidding.

We would pay £30m for him as he fits with our current setup.

As I said he has raw potential.

Now Smith-Rowe he looks like a player who would fit in to your ethos nicely. Looks a grand player.

Swap deal for Shelvey and we chuck in Hendrick and S Longstaff for free.

16. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Seems like a proper nice lad Joe.

Arsenal are lucky to have a player like him honestly.

17. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

18. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

It’s difficult. Agree with Pouting Pouchy or the Hillbilly Kid. What to do.....

TBF it wasn’t a brain strain to decide. Beardsley? You need to get back on the cans, Chippy. Seriously, Cold Turkey is where you’re at not Turkey with that kind of comparison.

<laugh>

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  19. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Arteta says Joe Beardsley is staying at Arsenal next year and they will sit down and plan out his future years.

mickeybnufc likes this.
  20. Dr Van Helsing

Great