1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will we be left behind?

Discussion in 'Crystal Palace' started by leicester_eagle, Jun 27, 2011.

1. leicester_eagle

leicester_eagle New Member

I am in need of reassurance.

It seems to me that practically every club across the country are signing players left, right and centre. Yet with only a month to go before the start of the new season, I am becoming concerned with the lack of activity in the transfer market.

As we are (and probably always will be) a club in a, shall we say, delicate financial situation and will not be able to pay too much for any acquisitions we might make. Will all the bargains/free transfers worth having be gone come the start of August? If not, will they even have time to blend with the rest of the squad in order to have an impact in the early days of 11/12?

Please put my mind at rest with reassuring statements, or just take the mick out of my mental fragility if you support B****ton, M***wall or C****ton

2. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

<nahnah> eagle boy!

<ok>

3. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Your going down and I cant wait....like the born in south london palace posters around south london very amusing dont look like its worked re season ticket sales though still very poor.
    We may be overtaking our palarse friends come May.

4. Bright_Wright

Bright_Wright Member

Mike have you been a the whiskey again??

Firstly season ticket sales are up by 20% on last year and selling very nicely indeed.

Secondly lets face it Charlton are not going anywhere in May, your not signing anyone of any importance and you were an average League 1 side at best last year.

We will struggle again I guess, but I am pretty sure come May you will be crying into your pint glass after we avoid the drop for the 3rd time. Maybe you and the rest of the Charlton muppets will hold fire in Feb / March on calling us a cert to go down!!!

<party> <party> <party> <party> <party>

5. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Yeah I noticed the ones outside Selhurst station driving by with the missus with Nathaniel Clyne who's supposed to be leaving anyway! <laugh>

Can't believe they have a Crippled 'your the 12th man' poster up in the Glades in Bromley of all Millwall manors! <doh>

Wishful thinking or desperation! <laugh>

6. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

And we've taken our usual 6 points off you! <whistle>

<ok>

7. Bright_Wright

Bright_Wright Member

Millwall manors, **** me have you had football factory on this afternoon Steve???

<party> <party> <party>

8. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

<laugh> no in a word but you know what I mean! :emoticon-0105-wink:

Millwall area for want of a better word as you know I'm right, I mean come on Bromley of all places! <doh>

9. leicester_eagle

leicester_eagle New Member

I wouldn't have thought you'd find many Millwall fans in Bromley. Surely, it's far too middle class for them? Aren't most of them found on council estates?

10. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

leicester,

Bromley is a well known Millwall area, living around the corner in Upper Norwood even South Norwood is demographically more of a Millwall area than Palace as more your lot live down in Croydon, Waddon, Carshalton and Sutton.

<ok>

11. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Although you see loads of Chelski shirts also in Sutton as me and the missus visit Sutton quite a bit. <ok>

12. Miketyson2007

We have signed good league 1 players you have signed Brightons striker whos never played above league 1 and no one else ....everyone seems to be saying NO to you lot.
    What do you reckon Brighty play off push for you lot with a weaker side than last year.
    Optimistic aint you.As for season tickets so for a championship club where do you think your sales rank with the other sides at your level....not very highly i`m afraid.
    As your lot used to always harp on on the old 606 that its too expensive..couldnt make the game as working...erm and various other excuses for not bothering to attend matches.

13. Bright_Wright

Bright_Wright Member

Three very good singings in the bag now Mike. No play-off push for us, but no relegation scrap either.

And what do you of your chances next year?

14. Miketyson2007

I expect automatic promotion for us next season Brighty,play offs would be a failure in my book though promotion however its achieved would be welcome.
    If we aint in the top 2 at xmas Powell will be out.

15. Bright_Wright

Bright_Wright Member

Well in all honesty Mike I really miss our derby clash, so if you boys do make promotion then all is not lost.

But as you say, we need to do our part and stay up!!

16. tommylion

tommylion Active Member

your two teams will be playing each other next year - no doubt about it......pity it'll be in league 1 :laugh::laugh::laugh: