1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Will we be glum in Brum?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Scowey, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I had almost forgot we have a game this weekend. In fact at one point during this week whilst out running and my mind turned to football, I thought the season had finished and I started looking forward to the excitement of a new season, only to be jolted back into reality with remembering the glamorous fixture of Birmingham CIty this weekend. Maybe it was the nice weather or just the long and persistent descent into irrelevance that skewed the football season calender in my brain.

Either way, A match a few weeks ago I would have been confident of us getting something from this, but sacking Cotterill and appointing Monk already appears to have been a positive move and they are starting to actually fight for their lives down there, so we won't be able to just turn up, go through the motions and let them make mistakes like we have done to some of the basement boys this season.

Would usually make the effort to go this game, but not a fan of St. Andrews and don't really fancy watching us play, let alone lose but hopefully we will see Iorfa return at wing back and Carayol involved at some point to add some level of attacking interest for those who do make the journey.

Expect a fairly routine 2-0 loss in this one.

2. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

The start of a five match winning streak - 1-3, Sears hat trick

Nuggets likes this.
  3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see how Mick plays things now it's confirmed he won't be staying.

4. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

All out attack I imagine. Just to stick two fingers up to the the fans and show what he's capable of if he takes off the handbrake

Might even change my predication to a 7-6 win :1980_boogie_down:

5. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I suspect he'll chop things around too and when we get a poor result,like the Hull game he'll say "See, that's why I do things my way!"
    Regardless I can see there being some antagonism between him and the fans before the end.

itfcptc likes this.
  6. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Hopefully players will use the remaining games to try and prove a point to the new gaffer and earn their place in the squad next season? In particular, players like Chambers, Spence, Skuse, Hyam, Gleeson, Ward, Carayol, and Sears should be given the opportunities to prove a point. Is there much point starting the loanees? I'd like to see us sign Carter-Vickers and Connolly on permanent deals, but unfortunately they're most likely out of our price range.

Birmingham still have a lot to play for and Gary Monk will be targeting wins at home. I think Brum will edge it 2-1.

7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

3-0 win

8. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I kinda forgot we had a game!!!!! haha

Be HILARIOUS if we went on the run of the century and made play offs now.

Not that we will.

Oh sod it, 2-0 win. MICK IN hahahah

I tell you what, this forums going to be a lot of fun for a while :) grudges gone etc / we'll have a laugh.

Serious response - tame 2-0 loss, summer holidays, little or no care given.... !? Sound right!?

9. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I agree. I think it's a shame that he still seemed prickly towards the supporters in his conference yesterday, there was no need for some of those comments. Let sleeping dogs lie and move on. If he can show some humility before the end I'm sure Ipswich fans would actually give him a half decent send off.

I find this announcement very strange. How many clubs when they decide they want rid of a manager let them continue to the end of the season. He should've been put on gardening leave until the end of the season or sacked. Let TC take over.

After Chambers interview I'm also concerned as to how the players will react. Clearly they are still on Micks side which shows his good man management skills but he certainly has created an us (the team) against them (the fans) mentality which I think could be dangerous going forwards as many of them will feel the fans pushed him out and the resentment may continue. This is part of the reason I never totally warmed to Mick although he has on the whole been professional it has never felt like he's wanted the best for the club, he's just wanted to do the best for himself. And in my mind he couldn't care what happens to us once we leave, infact given his attitude I would expect he'd probably want us to be relegated next season.

I get the feeling we could get a thrashing tomorrow with Mick leaving before the final game. 4-0 Birmingham

Nuggets likes this.
  10. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Come on Ipswich!

11. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

1 down <wah>

12. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Get the feeling Brum want it more, not surprised are we?

13. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Hopefully our next manager will identify that our most potent striker shouldn't be taking corners <doh>

14. Southcoastoldgaffer

Wonder if he's sitting in the stands?!

15. Redruth

If he is he is probably thinking there have to be better options elsewhere <whistle>

16. Southcoastoldgaffer

Ha ha!

17. Southcoastoldgaffer

I would like to see Carayol come on to show us what he can do.

San Diego likes this.
  18. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Poor first half, certainly doesn't look like the players are playing to impress a new manager. I was expecting a bit more, players may have been scared to go against Mick's instructions before but they shouldn't be that way now.

Just give it a go for ****'s sake!

19. Redruth

just listened to the half time report, we sound very flat.

20. Southcoastoldgaffer

Well, I am off for a bit of exercise and will be keeping my kit on. Back soon & wont be surprised to see us 2 down.