1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will Vaulks the forgotten man

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Bob Bank Blue, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Bob Bank Blue

Bob Bank Blue Member

Seems like Vaulks doesnt figure in NW plans atm. It's a big shame considering the hype and price tag that came with him when he left Rotheram,where he was Skipper.
    I fear he maybe one of many that are loaned out in January, if he requests a move away due to a lack of game time. Its obviously had a knock on by not appearing for Wales for a while.
    Again, questions about NW transfer dealings surely are being talked about.
    Give the lad 90 mins friday ahead of Patterson and see what the lad can do.
    Up the City

2. Bob Bank Blue

Bob Bank Blue Member

Following on from my post as I accidently hit the send button with my Sausage fingers, it hasn't helped Vaulks that Pack has arrived and played well, Bacuna putting in a couple of good shifts after receiving some stick and tomlin returning to the 1st team. not to mention Ralls. I would still like to Vaulks play.at least 60 mins to get his confidence up, I read somewhere that he is down at the moment, which is not good for a young talented Welsh footballer. It's a long season so at some point I hope he gets a run in the side.

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Was terrible at Reading. Very slow and easily turned.

Tomlin to start v. Wendies.

4. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

The media consensus is that Vaulks was brought in to be the main central midfielder but as BBB rightly states the late signing of Pack and the unexpected form of Bacuna has put him down the pecking order.
    However I had thought he was a box to box midfielder not like Pack so if he is he can fit in with Pack in the team.
    His part in one of the Reading goals did not though do him any favours.

Bob Bank Blue likes this.
  5. Bob Bank Blue

Bob Bank Blue Member

Agreed didn't have a good game but neither did Bacuna if I remember right, intact he didn't deserve the shirt after that performance. However of late he has settled in, maybe the same opportunity should be given to vaulks?

6. BluefromBridgend

Not in front of Pack, Bacuna, Ralls and Tomlin.

Agreed, Bacuna was also poor at Reading but he was moved across different positions. I've seen nothing so far in Vaulks for him to get ahead of the 4 above. Looks and plays like O'Keefe and that didn't go well did it?

Comparisons with Paterson are unfair as they have totally different playing styles. Paterson has been poor also.

7. Bob Bank Blue

Bob Bank Blue Member

Its along season I'm sure we will see him at some point when the injuries come .

8. Bob Bank Blue

Bob Bank Blue Member

Not comparing Vaulks to Patterson, I'm saying that Vaulks should be given the nod ahead of patterson , we've seen what Patterson offers us, I just haven't seen enough of Vaulks to be honest . 2million quid is a lot.of money to be warming a bench IMHO.

9. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Or is it just another example of Warnock spending big money on players whom are either just not good enough (eg Madine) or injury prone (eg Vassell) or not suited (eg Reid & Tomlin)?

10. BluefromBridgend

Agreed BBB but regarding your next post, Vaulks and Paterson are different types of players and do different jobs. Neither are like for like replacements for each other.

Also the management team see the players week in week out in training and will only select if considered good enough. The same applies to the youngsters who many want selected, regardless of the management's view of their abilities.