1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will QPR's Adel Taarabt end up just like Hatem Ben Arfa?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jan 7, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Will QPR's Adel Taarabt end up just like Hatem Ben Arfa?
    Tim Poole
    40 minutes ago

please log in to view this image

If recent speculation is to be believed, Adel Taarabt's QPR future is non-existent.
    According to the London Evening Standard, the Moroccan forward will be used as bait by the R's to sign Yann M'Vila, making this the trillionth transfer window to see the QPR star linked with a move away from west London.
    Hatem Ben Arfa[/a], though loved by the St James' Park faithful, fell out of favour under Alan Pardew and the exit door beckoned for a long while.

But the Magpies could only loan the 27-year-old out before ultimately giving up on him and terminating his contract.
    SEE ALSO: £5m Newcastle flop had everything, except the one thing he needed most
    Unless Redknapp can pull out his contact-book and negotiate another masterpiece of a transfer deal for Taarabt, it lookes as though he could be heading the same way as the Newcastle man.
    Like Ben Arfa, Taarabt too has only been loaned out by QPR and any attempts at a sale have been constantly rebuffed. This January may be the club's last true chance to offload the 25-year-old - or suffer a loss just like Newcastle.
    Will QPR be able to offload Taarabt this January?

2. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

Probably not. He's quite happy doing b*gger all and watching his bank balance grow.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  3. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

Now lets wait for the "Adel is god on a football pitch" gang, come out and blame everyone else (mainly Harry) for his demise, rather than the real culprit.

Such a shame, but there are many players out there, that "didn't fulfill their full potential".

However, it is rewarding seeing others, with far less ability achieve, Henry, Hill, Derry to name a few.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  4. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

I'm not going to offer any of my opinions on that person anymore or I will be breaking one of my new years resolutions..

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  5. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

If we're not going to play him then we're suffering a loss by not selling him or letting him go for free since we're paying his wages.

Yes, I will bite a bit though - making him train on his own was never going to motivate him so it would have been better to include him in team sessions even if not fully fit and let his fitness grow by getting knackered doing the same stuff as the rest of the team.

He should be above this, it should be his responsibility to stay motivated no matter what diet and regime he's asked to embark on but the loss is only ever the club's whereas a different mentality, albeit a pandering one, would have at least given us a more sellable player (ie a fit one) than we have currently, even if he didn't even lace his boots on a matchday. At best, it might have provided a few moments of enjoyment for the long -uffering travelling Rs.

6. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Well how about trying to let him earn his wages then? He is just a player
    Honestly makes me sick how posters can go from a to f in one jump
    Let him go to a proper club I am certain they will love him and I am very confident he will do well because he is very talented
    How Harold gets any support at all I can't understand it?. If we have players then play them and let us decide how good they are

7. TWGWTDT

And now that's his fault. I would make Harold pay his salary

8. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

9. KPDHoopster

errr ??? yes

10. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I wish we would just give Adel away to some poor unsuspecting club and end all this "we should play him" crap. Sick of hearing about the useless twat!

11. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

this

12. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

The sooner he leaves the better, for him and us

13. SingRs

SingRs Active Member

Such a shame; he had all the potential to be outstanding. Need to offload him urgently, though...

14. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Adel Taarabt is a great footballer.

Steve 'Blackie' Black is a great man motivator.

One of them has failed miserably.

KooPeeArr likes this.
  15. TWGWTDT

err no unless of course you believe Harry Redknapp … in which case you will in the long run look very daft
    Redknapp has spun this out of control and if we go down then nothing will change my mind that we had other options for our club that were never explored. The current QPR team has very little creativity in it and I believe that most fans can see that now.
    All season Harold has made nothing but excuses IMO and avoids responsibility however he is certainly responsible in upsetting our most talented player at the club. If you buy into his bullshit then that's your opinion I just think it's a real shame that options have not been explored and issues resolved. If i was Taarabt I can fully understand not wanting to play in this team and it's very fickle fan base

Ben Affr is on another planet when it comes to off field and club behaviour

16. KPDHoopster

No I dont believe Harry, nor do I believe Adel.

I have my opinion, and that is, Adel is a lazy fecker, who currently is wasting his enormous ability, and has been wasting it for last 2 years.

17. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Would that be the same Harry that got us promoted first time whist gettig rid of some **** and making many others look stupid in the long run...?