1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will Michael Schumacher Win His 8th Title Next Year? (Not A Wum Poll)

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by EternalMSC, Jan 27, 2011.

?

Will Michael Schumacher Win His 8th Title Next Year? (Not A Wum Poll)

1. He Will Win And Destroy The Grid

2. He Has A Chance But It Will Be A Struggle

3. No Chance He Will Be Owned By Rosberg Again

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

Who thinks he has a chance?

Type Error (Next season)...;)

2. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

I think he has a chance. Certainly if the car and tyres are better suited to him (which they should be), then he should beat Rosberg, but I don't think he will destroy the grid.

3. EternalMSC

Sensible reply Jose ;)

4. RasputinLives

RasputinLives New Member

Never rule out the German!

5. Stevi555

Stevi555 Member

I've got to pass on the poll, because in all honesty I just don't know. I'm hoping, and I feel confident after this year that Michael still has it. If Mercedes do produce a car capable of challenging I haven't seen anything to say that he isn't a serious threat this season to the others, something Fernando has pointed out, and a comment that got my respect. It is Schumacher after all, always best to wary of him imo.

6. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Rosberg is the better driver now. If Michael was in his hay day then of course he would be at the top

7. EternalMSC

Have a look at the Mercedes w02 preview, it looks evil....

8. Forza Bianchi

please log in to view this image

That's a very interesting preview picture. A few things I noticed:

- The airbox has been raised to a more conventional position. The airbox would have to be moved due to the new regulations.

- The other thing I noticed is the higher nose.

- Third thing is that the car is missing its mirrors.

9. Stevi555

Stevi555 Member

NICE ONE <ok> Jose

10. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought the nose looked strange too. Whether its a revolutionary design, or just the fact its a stranger image, we'll see soon.

11. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

Honestly, no he wont.
    Rosberg will be the Mercedes man in winning the champ, if they do. But I cant see them winning tbh.

12. Forza Bianchi

Fred,

With all due respect to Nico Rosberg, the man has yet to win a race - and so I can''t see him as a potential championship contender.

13. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, but he's never really had the car. We may all be wrong and Rosberg is only good in rubbish cars, and Schuey might own him, but I havent really seen much mistakes by him and he's not scared of anyone. Whatever happens he will learn from this year.

14. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Schumacher is the top man at Mercedes anyway so that lessens Rosbergs chances even more. The new Mercedes is designed with Schumi in mind, not like last years cars. i expect him to win this season as Mercedes will be a lot more competitive, and it's not impossible that Rosberg could get his maiden victory in F1.

15. Stevi555

Stevi555 Member

Ashbees
    Good point regarding Nico's first win. Something i hope will happen this year. If he can be mixing it with the others it will be great.

16. McWilliams

McWilliams Member

Shows what YOU know LORCA!!!!!!

If the tyres are better suited to him they will be better suited to Rosberg as well. Rosberg will DESTROY Schumacher!!!!

17. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not necessarily. Schumachers big complaint this year was that his driving style of old didn't transfer as well to the new cars, because of the front tyres. Schumacher likes to go in to a corner and heavily load up the front tyres. In the 2010 season, the front tyres were smaller, making this tactic less effective, and meaning he lost time. The new Pirelli's may work more to Schumachers advantage, as his old driving style may be more effective.

Also, Schumacher prefers a pointy, oversteering car. Ross Brawn has admitted that the 2010 mercedes car was set up with Jenson Button in mind, who prefers understeer. This would have made the car more difficult for Schumacher to drive. With Schumacher mercedes number one driver, the W02 will have been set up to oversteer. This will play into Schumachers hands. Rosberg has also said he's not a fan of understeer (http://www.formula1nexus.com/rosberg-claims-the-mercedes-isnt-being-developed-to-favor-schumacher/), so it'll be interesting this year how Rosberg can handle a car with potentially large amounts of oversteer.

18. McWilliams

McWilliams Member

Ultimately Canary Rosberg has said what suits Schumacher will suit him. So I think people need to stop clinging on to the hope that a car more suited to him will be the deciding factor.

Knowing the modern car, technology, rules and circuits will be his greatest benefit this year. Not the tyres.

19. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

It would be simply amazing if MS was to win this seasons WDC, I certainly would not write him off, he still has the instinct and willing to play dirty if he has to, love him or loathe him, MS is a top class driver and this years car will have more of a MS stamp on it as opposed to him driving a car designed for JB last season.

Alonso knows this and tis why he named MS as the main threat, MS although his record is less credible due to eddie, rubens, massa having to move over for him, he was and still could be an incredible driver. I remember his first podium in the then Benneton.. he finished 3rd, Mansell won but was so full of praise for the then young MS he was telling everyone to watch out for this kid.