1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will Kean stay or go?

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by Orangputeh, May 9, 2012.

1. Orangputeh

Orangputeh Member

It has just been revealed that Paul Hunt, the Rovers' deputy chief executive, wanted manager Steve Kean sacked in December.!!
    At that time, he sent a 2500 word letter to the Venkys, recommending many changes, and included "He [Kean] has lost the crowd and as a result of this evening's game [against Bolton] has lost the dressing room as well - the players no longer want to play for him,"

Nothing came of that , of course, but now that the letter has been made known to the media, it may make Kean's future with Rovers untenable.

Should he stay or go?

2. Darandio

Darandio New Member

Given Paul Hunt has just been sacked, I reckon Kean stays.

The club is vast becoming a big, big joke, if it wasn't already. Really feel for the Blackburn fans right now.

3. I cannot understand the Venkys' stance. It appears as though they are intent on destroying the club.

4. happyal

happyal Active Member

If Venkys are still in charge I can't see Kean going anywhere.

I hope we don't loss too much of our playing staff, still quite a young squad. It's possible to at least make ourself stable in the Championship, before seeing how we are in relation to other sides.

5. ToL1D7

ToL1D7 Member

I think more worrying for blackburn fans should be how many of their players are gonna dissapear shortly..

6. Orangputeh

Orangputeh Member

Yes, Vankys shot the messenger!!!!<doh>

It seems that they only understand 'Cluck-Cluck' !!

7. Ffsdon'tpassittohim

Ffsdon'tpassittohim Well-Known Member

Keen won't go of his own accord , he wants to be sacked so he gets his compo. If he resigns, I doubt that he'll get a penny. ( cynical 'ol me <doh> )

8. The Billionth QPR Fan

The Billionth QPR Fan Well-Known Member

How Kean has made it throughout the season I will never know. The fans have been protesting against him since before their 4-3 win vs Arsenal which was back in September!

9. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Kean has handled himself with dignity and earned a great deal of respect from the media for the way he has conducted himself throughout this most difficult of seasons.

Sadly, he lacks the tactical & managerial nouse to garner the respect of the players - this much is clear. He's a very poor manager who will return average results in the Championship. It could be even worse for Blackburn if there is a mass exodus of players - this wouldn't surprise me as many don't appear interested in his 'tactics'.

Junior Hoilet's Agent's number anyone?

10. Orangputeh

Orangputeh Member

Unfortunately, 'earning great respect from the media' is not a recipe for success on the field, a fact which is obvious to Rovers' supporters in their calls for Kean's resignation and Venkys departure back to their coop.

11. MFC_Lion

MFC_Lion Well-Known Member

Well he's gone now, very surprised to see him resign, thought he would stay until he was sacked.

12. joseshivers

joseshivers Member

I reckon he'll go. <whistle>

13. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

Resigned? What a load of tosh. He was pushed and now you'll end up paying tons more for someone who may not be able to get you back up.
    Support your club for life whoever is there but you lot forgot that so let's hope you continue the slide.

14. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

well done for resigning Kean, the club dont deserve you and you will do a lot better at another club....good move getting them in a half decent position and quitting..<laugh> <ok>