1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will He Stay Or Will He Go?

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by MJ, Jun 9, 2011.

1. MJ

MJ New Member

Well, Uncle Dave has given Aston Villa permission to speak to RM.
    Will he be lured by bright lights and the big city, or will he stay to finish the job he started at his much touted 'beloved' Wigan.
    My money's on him staying, but we'll see.

2. Keep it up

Keep it up New Member

Why would he want to go to villa he as a job for life at WIGAN

3. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

well we`l find out at 1.30 what is decision is

4. jackdan

jackdan Member

Dont think you need to worry unless he makes some sort of statement along the lines of "they will have to force me out"

In all seriousness i think he will stay with you, think going to villa would be a sideways step as if they sell the likes of young i can see them struggling next season

5. sonjack5

sonjack5 New Member

I think he will stay and i hope he dose. Not sure where we would look if he went.

6. Joe Kinnear

Joe Kinnear Member

All the talk is that Martinez is set to announce he's staying at Wigan and it's refreshing to see some loyalty in the game when a better offer comes in.

It's also yet another shining example of how well run Wigan is when the owner can confidently allow another club to speak to his manager safe in the knowledge he'll be wary of leaving, because he's built up a trust and a relationship with him.

Martinez is a fantastic young manager who speaks sense and is learning all the time, so can only get better. Moving to Villa now would probably have been a big mistake for him due to the added pressure that comes with a bigger job.

Obviously his aim is still going to be keeping Wigan in the Premiership next season, which still won't be a easy job, but now that he's laid the foundations last season he should be able to improve the side, so they don't leave it so late to secure safety. I think Wigan will be ok he just needs to find a striker that can score goals

7. WigginTreeHugger

WigginTreeHugger New Member

Villa confirm Martinez has turned down their offer and so never went to meet the chairman, excellent news in my opinion as I couldn't see a viable replacement for him with the current squad he has developed. I predict a couple more seasons before he is snapped up buy an actual bigger club not somenoe like Villa who will be on the wane next season.

Up the Latics

8. sonjack5

sonjack5 New Member

great news!!!!!

9. MJ

MJ New Member

Good stuff.
    Onwards and upwards.

10. Bobby Pires

Bobby Pires Well-Known Member

That really is great news for you guys. Martinez has gone up even more in my estimations.

11. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

great news if anybody has doubts that there is any loyalties left in football then come to the latics and see for your self

12. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Charlton fan incoming.

Just read this news and I'm really pleased for you - the actions of a deeply honorable man IMO.

Let's hope your players rise to the occasion and produce a memorable season for you and your manager. <ok>

13. connor wigham

connor wigham Active Member

thanks to everybody involved i think its a win win for him now the wigan fans will tihnk twice before critisising him because of his loyalty and he had a bargining chip for more transfer budget ect